Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miley Cyrus explains why she quit being vegan
[Image: be9c4cbe34f63b9da7556d9fc08f592f.jpg]

Miley Cyrus has revealed she no longer follows a strict vegan diet after finding that it negatively impacted her health.

On Wednesday, the Midnight Sky singer discussed her reasons for no longer being vegan during an interview with Joe Rogan on his podcast The Joe Rogan Experience.

“I was vegan for a very long time and I’ve had to introduce fish and omegas into my life because my brain wasn’t functioning properly,” the 27-year-old said.

According to the singer, who said she followed “the strictest [vegan diet] you’ve ever known” from 2013 to 2019, there were other health factors that impacted her decision as well, including intense hip pain and her realisation that she was “pretty malnutritioned [sic]” and “running on empty”.

For her first non-vegan meal, Cyrus said she ate fish cooked on the grill by her ex-husband Liam Hemsworth, who she separated from in August 2019.

“My ex-husband cooked me some fish on the grill,” she recalled, adding that it wasn’t easy for her to eat food that wasn’t vegan. “I cried, like, for a long time. I cried for the fish… it really hurts me to eat fish.”

Since incorporating meat and gluten into her diet, Cyrus said she has found that she is “much sharper” than she was when she was eating a completely plant-based diet.

And while she admitted that the potential backlash over no longer being vegan is “terrifying,” the pop star said it’s okay if the vegans “come for me”.

“They’re going to come for me but that’s okay,” she said. “I’m used to people coming for me.”

Cyrus also said she makes up for her non-vegan diet in other ways, such as taking care of her many pets.

“I have 22 animals on my farm in Nashville, I’ve got 22 in my house in Calabasas, I’m doing all I need to do for the animals,” she said.
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Messages In This Thread
Miley Cyrus explains why she quit being vegan - by andy - 09-06-2020, 11:02 AM