Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Self-Reflections
@Bhp91126 I do think I really need to sort of get out of him what he thinks of me from his perspective. Right now, I say that we're dating but nothing more. He's a nice guy but he's also, not that I'm any different, got things to sort out before I feel like I could be in a successful relationship and that's not considering the fact it takes a really long time to really get to know someone. My last relationship was the case of just not being ready and not really knowing what the other person wanted out of a relationship and when you're in the beginnings of a relationship it's all through rose tinted glasses.

Like he's worried about disappointing me in sex and honestly, I can deal with that. He was worried about how I might feel about him having psoriasis. Like, those are things I can deal with. Do I want him to find something that helps, sure, for his sake because I know he's clearly self-conscious about it, just as I tend to be about my weight or appearance.

The bigger problem I see is him not having his career path figured out. He did admit that this, working at an animal hospital, is his first job. He had some issues with college in his 20's and some mishap with anesthesia when they were pulling a tooth that led to him having panic attacks all the time and prevented him from functioning. It's not his past that worries me, hell I didn't do so well in an University environment myself. It is odd for someone who in their late 20's to get their first job but that's fine. I do think he should try to figure out what he wants, he doesn't like the job he has and wants to do something else but doesn't know what. While I can certainly help him with ideas and suggestions about how to go about some things, which may or may not be good advice, it all has to come from him. Me being where I'm at, I would love to find myself in a stable relationship soon. I do find myself thinking more about the future about where I might find myself 5 years later (should have thought about all that...say 5 or 10 years ago).

The reason I want to sort of pump the brakes is from my own experience of being in crushes. It's a great feeling at first, when your crush likes you back and it is all good until it isn't. At least that's the vibe I get from him but at any rate, it is something I need to work on and hopefully get under wraps before too long.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Messages In This Thread
Some Self-Reflections - by InbetweenDreams - 02-15-2021, 07:41 PM
RE: Some Self-Reflections - by Bhp91126 - 02-16-2021, 12:24 AM
RE: Some Self-Reflections - by InbetweenDreams - 02-17-2021, 07:08 PM