Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Mr Gay World gets engaged in most Aussie place ever
[Image: jordan-dane-engaged-featured.jpg]
Jordan and Dane at Amaroo Falls after getting engaged (Instagram)

Former Mr Gay World and reality tv cooking star Jordan Bruno campaigned as strong as anyone for marriage equality in Australia back in 2017 and over the past weekend he got engaged to his partner Dane in the most Australian place ever.

Bruno organised for himself and his now fiancée Dane Taylor to fly up into the Kimberley region of Western Australia where they were choppered into a remote gorge where he proposed and yes Taylor accepted.

This area in and around Kununurra isn’t new to Bruno as he has visited the region many times supporting the local communities and attending festivals as part of his cooking and volunteering work.

Jordan Bruno was announced as Mr Gay Pride Australia in January 2018 and went on to win Mr Gay World in the same year at a week-long event in Knysna, South Africa.

Before winning those titles, the Perth resident appeared on Australian reality show My Kitchen Rules alongside his mum and they went on to finish as semi-finalists and build a strong legion of fans.

[Image: picnic-lunch.jpg]
Picnic site (Instagram)

In social media posts overnight Bruno, who turned 29 on Wednesday, has shared the moments surrounding his proposal to his long term partner Taylor.

“It started with a private helicopter ride to Amaroo Falls (which is only accessible by helicopter),” Bruno explained on Instagram.

“The helicopter picked us up from our accommodation at the Elquestro homestead.”

They were then dropped into a gorge near Amaroo Falls where the couple went for a hike and had a picnic lunch that included champagne.

“So after a 20-minute walk we found a little water hole and in the corner it had a cave. Naturally Dane wanted to swim across and go in.

[Image: the-cave.jpg]
Cave site across the river. (Instagram)

“While Dane was looking at the cave, I got down on one knee and when he turned around, I told him that he was the love of my life and I then asked if he would marry me….. He thankfully said yes!”

There are no photos in the cave as Bruno was spooked by bats flying out so he freaked out and they swam back across to the other side of the stream.

“I wondered if having bats swoop at you after a proposal was a bad omen, but Dane said they are one of his favourite animals and loved them.

“We then swam for a few hours in the gorges down from the waterfall, had our little picnic and champagne, took some tacky photos and headed back to Elquestro Homestead for our final candlelight dinner.”

[Image: couple-pics.jpg]
Bubble in the gorge (Instagram)

The couple’s engagement ring was made by Cornwall’s Justin Duance Jewellery in the UK and according to Bruno it was a sand cast ring and it had the beach sand from where he and Taylor shared their first kiss, filtered throughout the gold. Something personal for them both.

[Image: love-is-love.jpg]
Love is Love (Instagram)

Bruno’s message to his fiancée was as cute as the proposal.

“Finally a massive thank you to Dane. You are without a doubt the kindest, cheerful and most patient person I’ve ever met.

“I don’t know how you put up with me, but I’m grateful that you do. I love EVERYTHING about you and I am so proud to call you my fiance. I promise I will try and give you the world every day, because you deserve no less x”

Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.
[-] The following 1 member Likes andy's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

Messages In This Thread
Former Mr Gay World gets engaged in most Aussie place ever - by andy - 05-27-2021, 11:07 AM