Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Targeted Advertising
I am ready to blow my fuse and thought I would get some advice before i did it.

I realize that google and whatever else wants to follows my searches in order to target me with specific ads to specific advertisers. It is annoying but "I get it" and this is not my intended target.

I am pissed off especially at facebook for assuming so much BECAUSE I am gay. 

For instance - I keep getting "suggestions" of pages with "hot looking men". UGH - SO NOT MY THING. I think they ASSUME if I am gay I want to look at "hot looking men". 

So - I wonder if they send heterosexual people ads for "hot looking women" or "hot looking men" LOLOL I think NOT! I have never typed in or searched for any damn pictures of men so WHY WHY WHY do they assume that is what I want to see? Besides being a huge YAWN for me - I have ZERO interest in looking at anyone's pictures. 

I have asked them nicely and filled out their damn forms NOT to "suggest" that garbage to me but no luck. 

So now - I am going to suggest to them to start sending these obnoxious suggestions to heterosexuals. 

Any insight or suggestions BEFORE I write my letter? I am angry about it and when I am angry I do not always communicate in the best manner.

Messages In This Thread
Targeted Advertising - by eastofeden - 08-16-2021, 06:38 AM
RE: Targeted Advertising - by Jay - 08-16-2021, 08:50 AM
RE: Targeted Advertising - by eastofeden - 08-16-2021, 09:02 AM
RE: Targeted Advertising - by Jay - 08-16-2021, 09:11 AM
RE: Targeted Advertising - by InbetweenDreams - 08-16-2021, 11:51 AM