Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Chappell "Cancelation" Controversy.
(10-18-2021, 12:21 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Well I watched it. So I do have some mixed feelings about some of the things he said about siding with the TERF's and whatnot. However, here's what I think. Watch it first, because I think more context is needed before you write Dave off as a transphobic hateful SOB, because I don't think that he is. I can't speak for Chappelle though nor do I want to. Nor am I suggesting or giving Dave excuses for what he said. However, I don't think anything he said came from a place of hate or that his intent was to harm or diminish transgender people, doesn't make what he said right and definite not PC that's for sure.

Just to draw comparisons, consider the example in my last post about Sam Kinison and the gay necrophilac joke and compare it to Dave's example.

Ah, TERFs. I'm always split on them. I do agree that women should have a "safe space", if you will, for women only. And no, trans women are not biological women. I think it's unfair to inject biological males into an ideology that is supposed to directly be biological women... So I for sure get their point. 

However, I dislike modern feminist to a great degree, so...eh. Whatever. Screw um.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dave Chappell "Cancelation" Controversy. - by Adam88 - 10-18-2021, 08:03 PM