Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study reveals no difference between kids raised by gay or straight parents
Pete, pregnancy takes nine months for a reason. Wink It gives heterosexuals time to prepare. In any case I think a lot of being a parent is dealing with the unexpected, so there is a limit to the benefits of planning.

In any case I would not lean to heavily on this study, it was a simple of survey of adoptive couples asking about emotional problems in their adoptive children. I would be interested to know how long after adoption the parents were surveyed, if it was only, say, 6 months then frankly gay couples would have to be pretty bad parents if they made a significant difference in 6 months compared to the child's previous life (he/she needed to be adopted for a reason). More importantly however the survey seems to be based on parental assessment of emotional problems, and frankly, just because a couple don't think their child has emotional problems doesn't mean their good parents.

Not that I think that gay couples make worse parents, just that we shouldn't rely on this particular study as solid evidence that we are just as good as gay couples.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Messages In This Thread
Study reveals no difference between kids raised by gay or straight parents - by fredv3b - 01-16-2010, 06:38 PM