Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When did you come out the closet?
When did you first come out? How did you do it, and what did you say?

Also, how did that person react, and what did they say?

I was 12 years old, when I came out to my mother.
I wrote on a piece of paper, "I'm gay." Folded it up, and gave it to her.
She read it and was silent for a few minutes, I was expecting the worst!
She asked me,"Are you sure that you really know you are?", I said yes.
She was open-minded about it, and said that she loved me, regardless.
She also said that it was just a phase I was going through, being that I was so young.
She knows it's not "just a phase" anymore, by now! :biggrin:

My sister said she had always known that I was gay, since I was born! So, she wasn't surprised when I told her, and could care less about who I sleep with. She's also bisexual, so she understands where I come from.

I never really flat-out told my dad I was gay....He just figured it out, and let me know of his disapproval. He is very old fashioned in his mentality when it comes to social issues like homosexuality. Spanish fathers have this whole "macho" thing that they feel the need to pass down to their son's. I remember, he would always scramble to find me a nice girl to hook-up with, thinking it would gear me in the holy direction of heterosexuality. He'd even paid women to have sex with me, though I never did! I would just hang out in bed with them and pretend I got some pussy, so my dad would leave me alone since it was really annoying.... Just about a year ago, he told me that he loves me no matter who I choose to be with, that he'll always be there to support me in anything I do, and that he loves me as his son unconditionally. I get teary eyed when I think about it, even now, because it was such a monumental time in my life, finally getting his approval and acceptance with regards as to who I was.

Messages In This Thread
When did you come out the closet? - by Dreamer - 12-09-2010, 06:01 AM
When did you come out the closet? - by Ultra - 12-09-2010, 06:07 AM
When did you come out the closet? - by Ingz - 12-09-2010, 07:31 AM