Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to get this out
So recently I finally had my ears pierced, which i've been wanting to do for a long time. I paid $30 of my own money to have both my ears done. I was so happy with it the earrings they looked so good on me! But i guess things that make me happy just don't last.......
Cause here's what went down. I went back home that weekend and my parents didn't yet know i had done this. My dad FLIPPED OUT big time!! my mom didn't care so much that i had them, she told me she didn't like them and that was all. Ok. I can live with that. But as for my dad. Holy fucking shit. He thought that because i got a piercing, that now i was headed off to go do drugs, make criminal friends, get drunk every night, and go catch aids. Um HELLOOOO its an ear piercing. women get them all the time, and now so do a lot of guys. and i am not the kind of person to do drugs, get drunk or have irresponsible sex. at all. period. I never once gave them a reason my whole life that i would, and i never will. i've never been yelled at like this over anything. If i did get in trouble, it was usually over childish things. I had never been so pissed off and upset at the same time. But then....oh then it gets worse. After some silence, he wants to know why i got them. So i said because i think they look cool, and they did. He believed me. He says he notices that more guys get them now, but then he comments on how utterly stupid and...and.... how queer and...faggoty it looks. ( I nearly had a meltdown, it took all i had to not hit and scream and cry and just stay calm about the whole thing) I said almost nothing the rest of the time i was home, and ended up taking out the earrings and letting the holes close. :frown: i cried so much after the incident, i was deeply upset, but i'm fine now. Just still a bit pissed every time i think about it.

And now, i know that i'm never ever coming out of the closet. if my dad knew, especially after that episode over harmless earrings, there's no telling what he would do if he knew the real me. I couldn't face that. It would be...horrific. I wanted to come out, and now i cant... well at least not to him. ever. my mom said once she would be ok with it if i was gay, and then she added she doesn't believe i am anyway. sometimes i think deep down she knows about me, even though she'll ask me from time to time if have a girlfriend yet. Maybe i'll tell her someday. At least she could accept her kid for who he is.

Sorry for the rant, but it felt so good to talk about it

Messages In This Thread
Need to get this out - by Wolf - 09-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Need to get this out - by zeon - 09-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Need to get this out - by OrphanPip - 09-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Need to get this out - by fenris - 09-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Need to get this out - by zeon - 09-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Need to get this out - by azulai - 09-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Need to get this out - by dfiant - 09-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Need to get this out - by zeon - 09-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Need to get this out - by Aester - 09-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Need to get this out - by JShell1265 - 09-18-2011, 11:13 PM