Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simplify this for me ... PLEASE !! =)
I don't know about you guys, but I find myself frequently baffled by nutrition, and I consider myself to be a reasonably intelligent guy ...

... it's in no small part owing to the HUGE number of fad-style pieces of information that come my way during the average day, but I often feel broadsided by things like "ah yeah, but have you taken THIS many milligrams of THAT vitamin ?" or "yes, but what about your SUPERfoods ... have you eaten a tonne of THOSE today ?".

Basically at the moment I weigh - let's keep it simple and lie about a couplea pounds ... 11 stone, so that's 154 lbs or 70 kg. I would say that my bodyfat (which I've not measured) is on the UNHEALTHY end of the healthy spectrum ... and so what I would like to do is stay around the same weight, but reduce my % bodyfat, and INCREASE my % muscle mass.

I'm no idiot - I know that fat and muscle are completely different types of mass, and you cannot CONVERT one into another - this isn't alchemy, it's just the human body ... so what I am going to have to do is reduce my % bodyfat (presumably by consuming the right KIND of calories, and burning off more calories than I am taking in), and increase my % muscle mass (by consuming, again, the right kind of calories, and doing lots of weight-based exercises, which I LOVE, so there's no problem there) ...

... but ...

... that's where it ends really ...

How would you go about doing it ?

What's the best, quickest, most tried-and-tested way of doing this ? It must affect MILLIONS of men out there ...

Thanks all !!

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

P.s. I'm aiming for realism - I want a washboard sixpack, but I'm not looking to do it by tomorrow - a realistic timetable and realistic goals - I'm not perfect, so the odd "moment" here and there are to be expected ... but I am VERY VERY committed to achieving this goal.

Messages In This Thread
Simplify this for me ... PLEASE !! =) - by Shadow - 11-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Simplify this for me ... PLEASE !! =) - by wouldlikemuscle - 11-24-2007, 09:02 PM