Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT?
East Wrote:Well...the man does have a choice....he is a leader and a leader can lead if they choose...or remain satus quo. I have seen leadership changes in many churches regarding GLBT people. I think of MLK, JFK, Manela, Ghandi...as leaders with vision and courage. I think of the Pope as a Nazi Youth who never really became much else emotionally if he can condone the discrimination against gays as he does...he learned nothing from his youth as evidenced by his statements. Someone who truly understood the horror of which they participate in actually might have made a great leader.

Bottom Line...he is chosen to be the "voice" of the church. As history repeats itself I would value any leader who understands this and acts accordingly to move forward. If the members of his church value his leadership and his leadership includes statements that suggest gays are a threat to humanity then the institution should be judged accordingly.

Also...he fails to really lead his followers into the present because in poll after poll many Catholics support gay marriage...and are pro choice...so he is leading a select group of his followers. If anything..his youth should have shown him the error of thinking like he does.

No he does not have a choice. The Church is not dictatorship, he has to appeal to the bishops and cardinals and present a face of established tradition to the laity.

Pope John Paul II was elected to the papal seat as a 'young man' and was given a lot of head room to make lots of changes in the church. His successor was elected as an old man, who promises to not serve that long, providing the church with a bit of space to 'breath' and adapt to the 'sweeping' changes of Paul II. After this Pope the next one will most likely be a young 'liberal' man who will once again proceed with many more changes.

This is how the Church Operates. No its not a perfect system yes its slower than molasses in January, but its a system that does work.

Messages In This Thread
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT? - by Bowyn Aerrow - 11-29-2011, 08:53 AM