Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT?
Wes,

If a vote for yes means to 'destroy' the Church, I have to vote no.

YOU know I disagree with Organized Religion, Doctrine and the politics and the propaganda of these organizations. I left service, turned my back on organized religion for pretty much the things you pointed out in the first post along with facts that scream at the great deception of the Church(es).

However it is an organization that serves over a billion people (Catholic) and over 2.1 billion 'Christians'. Many who would lose that would most likely go 'insane' and do all manner of terrible things.

Like it or not, humans need to believe in some invisible super power in order to behave and survive until they die. It is their faith in some eternal retribution that allows them to believe that the evils - the real evils- of this world 'make sense' for them to pick up the pieces and carry on. Senseless human evil is incomprehensible to most people, they can't deal with it. As long as they believe there is a God with A Plan and that Plan is 'perfect' they can survive.

Faith is expressed in every day to day activity we humans do, it is a comfort for many in a world that is pretty much cold, cruel and heartless. Take that faith away and things would get nasty, fast.

In time the Church will change its stance. No its not your time. But in time it will. The church has changed its stance on so many other issues that it once held near and dear, such as burning witches, such as holding slaves, such as no divorce what-so-ever.

We would be no better than them if we seek to destroy the organization. We need to use gentle pressures and whispered reasoning in order to guide the church into this millennium and beyond.

Messages In This Thread
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT? - by Bowyn Aerrow - 11-30-2011, 01:52 AM