Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How come no one seems to last at GaySpeak.com for more tan a few hundred posts?
Well, I don't think its always for everyone. There are many different personalities and views, but we still may not be able to accommodate everyone. I also think that some people come here, get advice, and leave when they have it. 99% people on here are very caring toward those seeking advice: they offer an ear, they actually listen/read what the person is saying and give the best advice that their own knowledge and experience allows . . . (forgive me for this soap box moment) but there is that other 1% of the time when people will come here confused, afraid, and looking for advice, and if they happen to say something that is disliked by the members, the members will shred that person like a pack of rabid wolves.

I can think of a recent case like that where a new member was confused about his sexuality, said if he was gay, he didn't think he would ever act on it because he never wanted that lifestyle. He made that one post and never posted again after the severe trouncing he received. That could have been the first time he opened up about his confusion and his first real experience with the gay community. If he is gay, that experience had to be traumatizing.

Now, heaven knows I'm one for giving a good trouncing but not to those who are confused, hurt, or in any other way seeking support. I just feel bad that I didn't speak up at the time. It was cowardly of me, and I regret it. (There, sorry about the rant, just had to get it off my chest)

Messages In This Thread
How come no one seems to last at GaySpeak.com for more tan a few hundred posts? - by Inchante - 12-10-2011, 07:05 AM