Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking..... weekly issue 3
Hello all,
I know im a little late with weekly threads which i apoligize about however since 8th december ive had 3 days off work and one was xmas day lol... This time round id like to talk about the topic of smoking... Many people have often ranted on about smoking in life... As a non smoker people dont want it in the space they are in and as a smoker you want the right to smoke freely... I myself admit i am a smoker.. I have smoked tailor mades and cigarettes only and worst side effect was vomitting after 4 cigs back to back in anger a few years back...

Now people in life seem to think smoking is something which can be turned off and on however its a deadly and lethal legal drug to be envoled with.... Many people believe the myth as a smoker that it calms stress down however this has been proven to be fake... Smoking is something which can harm you in some ways and in others not... For example nicotine itself is a drug which stimulates the receptors in the brain causing it to respond to a so called wonderful feeling which leaves you light headed on the first few cigarettes you experience however after that it wears off and before you know where you are.... Your out buying a pack of 20 tailors at a rip off price... Here in the UK for a pack of 20 your roughly looking at around £7-£8 a pack!!! I mean would you go to a local tramp and just give him or her that money and walk on??? I doubt it...

Many people who smoke ive asked why they started... Some say peer pressure, others say boredom and at times i often think why did I start it??? It wasnt peer pressure because i started smoking at 21 and i know it wasnt down to boredom... I realised i started over something so bloody stupid and typical of a so called NON SMOKER!! I took up a challenge that after a pack of 20 id happily quit there and then... Well after a pack of 20 i was hooked. I remember waking up the next day and feeling the most horrible feeling in my chest.. It was clogged a little where id smoked 20 in 4 hours and my mind was going slightly as i was in a stage known as craving... Smokers crave in different ways... Common cravings include comfort eating, anger issues, anxiety, etc... I know with me as a smoker i crave by feeling a tightness in my chest and take loads of deep breaths to try to push the tightness but it doesnt go and after ive lit up a dirty skanky cigarette im happy again as if i never had the problem in the first place...

l want to share some more understanding with smoking with a non smoker within this forum... When i started out i was on 20 a day for around 2 years at the time they were roughly £5 a pack ($10) Multiply that by 365 your looking at £1825 ($3650) a year and i then went upto 60 a day... Being that high and highly addictive it wasnt fun and im sure smokers here who smoke loads will easily understand and explain if asked how difficult it is to cut down and how easy it is to intake more...

My best advice on a final note is to an ordinary non smoker.... Dont ever even be tempted to take a drag of it... It is a horrible thing to be hooked on and once your there its so damn hard to come off.... l was often told what you dont have in life you wont miss and trust me this isnt something your want to take on board.... To the smokers.... If you ever think of giving up whether you win or loose its the taking part and trying again that counts as one day you will succeed....

Kindest regards

Zeon
Un offical agony aunt

Messages In This Thread
Smoking..... weekly issue 3 - by zeon - 01-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Smoking..... weekly issue 3 - by Pix - 01-06-2012, 01:51 AM
Smoking..... weekly issue 3 - by Rainbowmum - 01-06-2012, 02:16 AM
Smoking..... weekly issue 3 - by Bowyn Aerrow - 01-06-2012, 02:55 AM
Smoking..... weekly issue 3 - by Pix - 01-06-2012, 03:19 AM
Smoking..... weekly issue 3 - by fenris - 01-06-2012, 04:26 AM
Smoking..... weekly issue 3 - by Craig - 01-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Smoking..... weekly issue 3 - by Almac - 01-06-2012, 10:16 AM