Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love-sick?
I am a little confused about what I am feeling. I can't tell if I am feeling this way because I am in love or not. I have only felt like this about a guy once in my life before. Me and the first guy ended up being together for 5 years. I will say I was in love with him when we got together and they were a great 5 years. I have no regrets about that relationship.

I have gone out with a decent amount of guys so I don't feel I am inexperienced about dating. I didn't really feel that any of the others were right for me and I had no troubles walking away once I decided it wasn't what I was looking for. I met this new guy and I feel the same way I felt with my first boyfriend. He seems like what I want from a guy. I learned a lot about what makes me happy with my first boyfriend . . . which is why it didn't work out in the end. There are a lot of things I want in a partner and he seems to have almost all of them. Back when my first boyfriend and I started going out, I wasn't sure what was going on with life. I was not out to my family so I had a lot of confusing emotions going on. I just thought I had a lot of changes happening in my life and that was why things were so difficult. This time they all know I am gay and anyone who I care about knows that I am gay. However, I am still feeling the same way, not all of them good feelings. I will admit my life is also going through a lot of changes. I am moving and have to buy a car (was living with my ex for a while and still shared the cars). Losing my dog in the move. Losing the neighborhood friends I worked hard to find.

Some of the things I am feeling include.
-I am having trouble sleeping (up at 2am and can't go back to sleep).
-My appetite has decreased. I lost a decent amount of weight lately (15 lbs) without trying.
-I went three weeks without thinking about sex. It is finally back.
-I think about the new guy all the time.
-I want to text or call him all the time and have to restrain myself.
-When he is too busy to go out on a date, I get really upset and have to convince myself that he isn't through with me.
-The littlest problems really bring me down.
-Feeling really alone lately

I guess my question is am I just love-struck and is this normal? I am extremely confident that the choice to finally move on from my first boyfriend is the right choice. I don't plan on going back to him. We just are two different people at different stages of our lives (he's a bit older). I know that moving into a new relationship so quickly is a little unwise of me, but I can't help that one of the first guys I am meeting seems very promising. He's playing the hard to get game really well . . . or maybe he's just having fun with me. I can't tell.

Dating sure sucks!

Messages In This Thread
Love-sick? - by basilfrog - 02-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Love-sick? - by pellaz - 02-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Love-sick? - by LateBloomer - 02-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Love-sick? - by Sylph - 02-05-2012, 12:52 AM
Love-sick? - by indianajones - 02-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Love-sick? - by Sylph - 02-11-2012, 04:04 PM