GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat

Go Back   GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > People > Interests > Politics / Activism

Unread 30th November 2016   #1
Chase
the Jarl of Windhelm

Gay Man in a Monogamous Gay Relationship
in the passenger seat of my boyfriend's car (USA)

My Mood: In Love
Default Texas requires funerals for fetuses now

Texas will now require burials for aborted fetuses:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/30/us...uses.html?_r=0

Maybe the Supreme Court will stop it? Oh yeah, Trump got elected, and he said he wants to appoint the next Scalia. Once Ruth Ginsberg dies like she probably will in the next 4 to 8 years, well, you get the idea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30th November 2016   #2
Doc
Unstoppable

Should we just dump them in the river? Im pro choice but they are still little people.
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30th November 2016   #3
meridannight
John Wick

Single Gay Man
in Age: 33 (Italy)

My Mood: Sneaky

Will the state of Texas be paying for these funerals? As if the contemporary population wasn't already under a burden of taxes and other mandatory financial obligations.

I can't take a modern state that comes up with something like this seriously. This doesn't even make psychological sense, since the aborted stuff was never a person, didn't get to express a personality, and was viewed negatively by the parents or there would have been no abortion.

The only way to go about it is to throw a grand celebration at the funeral, something like a ball, to celebrate being rid of the thing. That might be fun.
Unread 30th November 2016   #4
Doc
Unstoppable

Im not saying it should be an all out funeral but I hope you'd agree that human remains should be treated with respect.
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30th November 2016   #5
deephiance
Godlike

Single Gay Man
in Gold Coast (Australia)

My Mood: Amused

the 'authorities' are great at passing laws that line their own pockets without benefiting anyone else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
deephiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30th November 2016   #6
TigerLover
Godlike

Single Bi Man
in Coventry (UK - England)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Should we just dump them in the river? Im pro choice but they are still little people.
The law applies no matter how long it's been gestating.

They're not a human. They're a fraction of an organ here, a few lumps of skin cell there. It's an inanimate lump of goo.

To call that a human is to degrade us all to mere meat. Then to force women to bury it as though they were burying an actual living breathing feeling child..... uggh it's sick.
TigerLover is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanking TigerLover for his/her post...
JohnMusic (30th November 2016), meridannight (1st December 2016)
Unread 30th November 2016   #7
deephiance
Godlike

Single Gay Man
in Gold Coast (Australia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLover View Post

They're not a human. They're a fraction of an organ here, a few lumps of skin cell there. It's an inanimate lump of goo.

To call that a human is to degrade us all to mere meat. Then to force women to bury it as though they were burying an actual living breathing feeling child..... uggh it's sick.
To me this thinking is a little extreme.

From conception it is a living thing, it is still life in creation.

Creating a law to ensure that all families of a miscarried or terminated pregnancy is horrific because people grieve in different ways and taking the choice away from parent(s) to grieve in a way that they feel works for them is only benefiting the recipients of 'taxes', the same people that will vote for a pay rise shortly after this law enforced.

deephiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st December 2016   #8
InbetweenDreams
54-6f-20-6c-6f-76-65

Single Gay Man
in - (USA)

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridannight View Post
Will the state of Texas be paying for these funerals? As if the contemporary population wasn't already under a burden of taxes and other mandatory financial obligations.

I can't take a modern state that comes up with something like this seriously. This doesn't even make psychological sense, since the aborted stuff was never a person, didn't get to express a personality, and was viewed negatively by the parents or there would have been no abortion.

The only way to go about it is to throw a grand celebration at the funeral, something like a ball, to celebrate being rid of the thing. That might be fun.

While I disagree with such laws being enacted. Whether it is regarded as a person or not, whether they choose to hold a funeral or not I think it is sad that anyone would refer a fetus as "aborted stuff." I'm pretty sure most women who choose to have an abortion don't think of it as some lump of good or aborted stuff or that they viewed the unborn fetus as something negative, or perhaps so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLover View Post

On the contrary to not call it a human, a human fetus is pretty degrading don't you think?

So it wasn't fully developed, so it didn't express personality. Perhaps we should throw all mentally handicapped in the river since some of them don't express personality and are a drain on public services. Yeah I disagree with the law, should be that women's choice on whether they want to hold a funeral, if they wish or not...I would say most don't.

This is more than likely is a cash cow for all the funeral homes and everyone involved in that business... That and some morally ill MEN who pass these laws.

The other thing is if we could give a fuck less about an unborn fetus, child....lump of goo then why do we care about pets. It's a fucking dog or cat, all they do is eat sleep and shit all over the place. Oh but they bring me happiness. How is any living creature, unborn or not have any more or less value. But somehow I am morally ill thinking a human "ball of goo" is just that

I don't agree with the law, I don't think the government should be forcing women to do or not do things with their body or proceeding an abortion. I think some guys think women are just going abortion crazy when that is hardly the case. I do think abortion should be avoided and we have had discussions on the subject, go read it you'll know where I stand.

At any rate I think it is sick as fuck to think any form of life at any stage of development is a slab of meat and should be treated as such. To be frank, I don't thank many men, gay men especially have any idea, seems that you two have a "robotic" way of looking at life.

And as we seek so shall we find
And when you're feeling open I'll still be here
But not without a certain degree of fear
Of what will be with you and me
I still can see things hopefully

Blog: axle.servebeer.com

InbetweenDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st December 2016   #9
JohnMusic
Godlike

Bi Man in an Open Gay Relationship
in Hello (USA)

Separation of church and state does not fully exist. This is a law that takes away americans freedoms. They do not want people to have abortions so they do this instead. There has been no evidence that shows we are anything but meat. Meat with feelings.
JohnMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanking JohnMusic for his/her post...
meridannight (1st December 2016)
Unread 1st December 2016   #10
InbetweenDreams
54-6f-20-6c-6f-76-65

Single Gay Man
in - (USA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMusic View Post
Separation of church and state does not fully exist. This is a law that takes away americans freedoms. They do not want people to have abortions so they do this instead. There has been no evidence that shows we are anything but meat. Meat with feelings.
The way I see it we are something extraordinary and be "we" I mean all life.

For anyone (and not aiming this at any one particular person) to have the mentality of "just scrape it out and toss it in the trash" as if we're talking about carving a pumpkin is morally ill and more so than the nut job Texas law makers who pass such laws...

Thanking InbetweenDreams for his/her post...
SilverBullet (1st December 2016)
Unread 1st December 2016   #11
meridannight
John Wick

Single Gay Man
in Age: 33 (Italy)

My Mood: Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle2152 View Post
So it wasn't fully developed, so it didn't express personality. Perhaps we should throw all mentally handicapped in the river since some of them don't express personality and are a drain on public services.

The other thing is if we could give a fuck less about an unborn fetus, child....lump of goo then why do we care about pets. It's a fucking dog or cat, all they do is eat sleep and shit all over the place.

With all due respect, you are comparing the incomparable, axle. Can you seriously not differentiate between that and a living and a breathing human being with health/physiological problems, between it and an animal like a dog, cat, or other?

And it's not such a short stretch from here to claiming that we're all killers because we're masturbating. You guys are mentally regressing back toward the Dark Middle Ages of ignorance.

As if it would even change anything? As if the technological/scientific progress of mankind could be undone with your backwards laws and regulations. It's there for everyone to use and benefit from. People will just go to find different ways to achieve the same end. It's not going to end up changing anything. People who wanted to abort did so before there were any laws or public ethics debates on the matter. Human beings will do what they have to do, and anybody who thinks that they can stop it with their abstract principles is a fool.

Most importantly -- you can believe whatever you want and live your life accordingly -- but you do not have the right to force other people to follow your beliefs. You do not go and get an abortion, if that's what you think is right. I have my opinion, but outside that it doesn't concern me. It's up to the people who are actually pregnant to decide what to do. And no-one else. That liberty and freedom of choice must be protected at all costs whatever it takes. That is all that I stand for on this topic.

Quote:
For anyone (and not aiming this at any one particular person) to have the mentality of "just scrape it out and toss it in the trash"
Also an exaggeration. Nobody 'tosses' those things as if they were banana peels, everyone is capable of making that distinction. But once it's done it's gotta go somewhere one way or the other. Whether you dispose of it by simply assigning it to the proper waste bin, or with incense singing it praise and performing the religious rituals or giving it military honors, it adds up to the exact same result.

I'm guessing this whole thing was concocted up as just a way to discourage abortion. They can't eradicate the practice, so they make it more complicated, expensive and consuming to discourage it.
Unread 1st December 2016   #12
JohnMusic
Godlike

in Hello (USA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose View Post
abortion; the men seem to always have an opinion
This law effects men as well.
Unread 1st December 2016   #13
InbetweenDreams
54-6f-20-6c-6f-76-65

Single Gay Man
in - (USA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridannight View Post
It's up to the people who are actually pregnant to decide what to do. And no-one else. That liberty and freedom of choice must be protected at all costs whatever it takes. That is all that I stand for on this topic.
That is perfectly fine and I agree. I do not support that kind of law and of course it was made law to discourage abortion and to be a cash cow for all who are involved in funerals.

I just don't like the comparisons being made. It's kind of cold and calculating as if there's no regard for life when we're referencing human fetuses as being lumps of meat, or "not human." That is what I find the most disturbing in this conversation.

I agree on the absurdity of the law but this? Exaggeration or not, tongue and cheek or not...kind of sick...

Quote:
Quote:

If we want to talk about the issues of abortion (again) that's fine, but if this stuff I quoted you two on is how you feel about human life I think you guys are sick and no point in discussing it. I'm pro choice but that kind of talk is gross.

Unread 1st December 2016   #14
JohnMusic
Godlike

in Hello (USA)

Please do not call others sick if you do not agree with them.
deephiance (1st December 2016)
Unread 1st December 2016   #15
JohnMusic
Godlike

in Hello (USA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose View Post
not, use a condom

I guess girls make babies without the help of men.
meridannight (1st December 2016)

GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > People > Interests > Politics / Activism

Tags
fetuses, funerals, requires, texas