GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat

Go Back   GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > General Fun > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself If you're new to the site... tell us some more about yourself!

Unread 3rd February 2017   #1
Sherman8D
Insane Poster

Single Gay Man
in New Orleans (USA)

My Mood: Bored
Red face Hello everyone :0 I am a newcomer

Very brief intro: I am a 22 year old college student finishing up my bachelor's degree of psychology; one more semester left. Yay! I'm from LA, New Orleans. I love to watch tv. series that are based on action, drama, and fantasy. I watch anime too. I seldom play videogames anymore, but I'm still into Pokémon, Yugioh, Final fantasy, and Kingdom hearts. I also have a fondness for reptiles and amphibians even though I don't have one... yet! I do have dogs though. Two miniature schnauzers.

Anyways, I've recently told all my family (one person left to tell) and friends that I'm gay. Virtually everyone "already knew" lol. Most of my friends are straight women though. But I now have 3 gay friends. My closest friend suggested I use a gay forum to understand the gay community more. So here I am.

I'm not quite sure what forums are for though ._. Perhaps someone can enlighten me. Oh! And it's a pleasure to meet you all ^.^
Sherman8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd February 2017   #2
Cridders88
Pippin shush!

Gay Man in a Monogamous Gay Relationship
in Somerset (UK - England)

My Mood: Fine

Welcome along Sherman . Good to hear that your coming out journey seems to have been good so far. As for what the forum is for? Well, I guess it's a safe place to vent frustrations, ask for help if you need it, and just to chat away with other like minded people. Generally, we seem to be a friendly bunch here

Enjoy
Cridders88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanking Cridders88 for his/her post...
Aquarius (3rd February 2017), princealbertofb (9th February 2017)
Unread 3rd February 2017   #3
TigerLover
Godlike

Single Bi Man
in Coventry (UK - England)

My Mood: Amused

Welcome and congratulations on sucsessfully coming out.
Forums are just places where people can share ideas and views on a particular issue. If you've got an idea, or if you're Curious or confused about something.

Well then just post about that here and queerfolk from across the world will share their opinions on it. Some of the members here are downright wise.
TigerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanking TigerLover for his/her post...
Doc (3rd February 2017)
Unread 3rd February 2017   #4
LJay

Single Gay Man
in Richmond VA (USA)

My Mood: Paranoid

Welcome here. Make your se'f t' home!

After a very short time you will see taht folks here are friendly and willing to help where they can.

Being from New Orleans, you hae the advantage of experiencing of of the world's greatest laboratories of gay behavior. My, oh my!
princealbertofb (9th February 2017)
Unread 3rd February 2017   #5
Doc
Unstoppable

Gay Man in a Monogamous Gay Relationship

TigerLover is spot on, People here have been helpful and talked me out of doing some really dumb stuff, its a good place to bounce ideas off people and get their feedback.
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd February 2017   #6
LONDONER

Single Gay Man
in LONDON (UK - England)

My Mood: Amused

Werlcome to GaySpeak Sherman. Others have explained the use of this formum and I will just add that it doesn't necessarily have to do with sexuality. You can post just about anything here so, enjoy your stay. Just remember that your first 50 posts are moderated (to weed out trolls) so don't be disappointed if you don't get immediate replies.
Unread 3rd February 2017   #7
Aquarius
Immortal

Single Gay Man
in Berlin (Germany)

My Mood: Pensive

Welcome to Gayspeak Sherman!

I guess forums might seem a bit oldschool today in the world of snapchat, instagram etc, but here you can have serious (or less serious) talks about your thoughts, interests, fears, issues, whatever, as anonymously as you want, without your real friends knowing. Over the time, you might find some good new (online) friends here.

Have a good time here
Aquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd February 2017   #8
CellarDweller
please, call me Chuck

Single Gay Man
in Essex County (USA)

My Mood: Sleepy

welcome to the forum

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say:
''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

CellarDweller
CellarDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd February 2017   #9
IanSaysHi
Such customised!

Single Gay Man
in West Midlands (UK - England)

Welcome, thanks for the nice introduction and look forward to seeing more from you.
Unread 4th February 2017   #10
Sherman8D
Insane Poster

Single Gay Man
in New Orleans (USA)

Thank you for being the first to reply lol. My coming out journey really has been easier than thought. Although my last obstacle is facing my catholic mother who will probably cry a lot. I mean ... eventually she'll get over it, I hope. I plan on telling her when my dad comes back from offshore. He can help cushion the blow, since I already told him. Oh and I do get a safe vibe around here. That's definitely a plus.

Seriously though, why is Gayspeaks' emoji game is so whack? . ._. I feel some type of way because I'm big on cute emojis.
Unread 4th February 2017   #11
Sherman8D
Insane Poster

Single Gay Man
in New Orleans (USA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cridders88 View Post
Welcome along Sherman . Good to hear that your coming out journey seems to have been good so far. As for what the forum is for? Well, I guess it's a safe place to vent frustrations, ask for help if you need it, and just to chat away with other like minded people. Generally, we seem to be a friendly bunch here

Enjoy
Thank you for being the first to reply lol. My coming out journey really has been easier than thought. Although my last obstacle is facing my catholic mother who will probably cry a lot. I mean ... eventually she'll get over it, I hope. I plan on telling her when my dad comes back from offshore. He can help cushion the blow, since I already told him. Oh and I do get a safe vibe around here. That's definitely a plus.

Seriously though, why is Gayspeaks' emoji game is so whack? . ._. I feel some type of way because I'm big on cute emojis.
Unread 4th February 2017   #12
Sherman8D
Insane Poster

Single Gay Man
in New Orleans (USA)

Smile

Seriously though, why is Gayspeaks' emoji game is so whack? ._. I feel some type of way because I'm big on cute emojis.
Unread 4th February 2017   #13
Bookworm
Paradigm Shifter

Single Gay Man
in Glasgow (UK - Scotland)

My Mood: Breezy

Hi Sherman, welcome to the forum
Unread 5th February 2017   #14
Insertnamehere

Single Gay Man
in Fuck off (Antarctica)

Welcome to GS

Congrats on coming out and it going well

Oh, understanding the community....good luck with that, we're a weird bunch.

What are forums for? Communicating with other folks, discussing topics, the ocassional bickering, enjoying the awkwardness...

ANYA: Of course it did. It always does. Seen a thousand relationships. First there's the love and sex, and then there's nothing left but the vengeance. That's how it works.
Insertnamehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5th February 2017   #15
Sherman8D
Insane Poster

Single Gay Man
in New Orleans (USA)

** I meant to reply to everyone's post much sooner, but my posts would never go through. I hit the 50 post mark though so maybe this will go through.

GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > General Fun > Introduce Yourself

Tags
newcomer