GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat

Go Back   GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > People > Interests > Politics / Activism

Unread 6th February 2017   #1
LONDONER

Single Gay Man
in LONDON (UK - England)

My Mood: Amused
Default Trump will NOT address the British Parliament

That is, during his visit to the UK:

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/donald-tru...165700850.html
Unread 6th February 2017   #2
Doc
Unstoppable

Gay Man in a Monogamous Gay Relationship

Does he need to?
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6th February 2017   #3
LONDONER

Single Gay Man
in LONDON (UK - England)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Does he need to?
It is considered an honour to be invited to address but it is an honour that should be earned.
Unread 6th February 2017   #4
Doc
Unstoppable

If I were him I wouldnt care, they aren't his countrymen, so it shouldnt matter.
Unread 6th February 2017   #5
artyboy
Artyboy in da house

Single Pansexual Man
in Wiltshire (UK - England)

Quote:
If I were him I wouldnt care, they aren't his countrymen, so it shouldnt matter.
He's Trumpy of course he'll care lol!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
artyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6th February 2017   #6
Doc
Unstoppable

I cant see why he would. I just don't understand why foreigners dislike him so much, what does it matter to you people? I couldn't care less who other countries elect as their leaders. You guys voted brexit and nobody here really cared.
Unread 6th February 2017   #7
InbetweenDreams
54-6f-20-6c-6f-76-65

Single Gay Man
in - (USA)

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
I cant see why he would. I just don't understand why foreigners dislike him so much, what does it matter to you people? I couldn't care less who other countries elect as their leaders. You guys voted brexit and nobody here really cared.
Trump is the worst.

I think more people should pay some attention about things, but there's so much horseshit to sift through it turns most people away.

People here didn't care about brexit because they don't know anything about politics anywhere else... Hell I went to school with a girl who couldn't point out the USA on a world map and thought it was funny. It's a shame. No I don't brexit is going to make a big impact to the US but it is something perhaps that should be read into. People in the US don't read into current events enough and I think the rest of the world do get a distorted view on what is going on in the US. Kind of like hearing about things 2nd hand...
InbetweenDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6th February 2017   #8
Doc
Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InbetweenDreams View Post
Trump is the worst.
That is a matter of opinion, I can think of worse leaders Hussein, Stalin, Pol Pot, Hitler, Mao Zedong, lets not be too dramatic. At least he wants to rebuild our military, the Army being an organization near and dear to my heart, Obama disliked us that's a fact.

Point number two we should not worry about other countries and who they elect and they shouldn't worry about us. People in every country should worry about themselves and their own countrymen first. We need to put Americans first, China needs to put the Chinese first, Germany the Germans and so on and so forth.
Unread 6th February 2017   #9
Emiliano

Single Gay Man
in New York City (USA)

Unless the whole world is going to turn completely isolationist, we should care about the leaders and politics of other countries. This world is super interconnected and those connections and interdependences help to make and maintain friendships between countries. People across the world also care about what's happening in the US because we a super power, and what we do or what happens to us has global repercussions. I think the idea of every country putting blinders on and ignoring the rest of the world spells disaster, especially when we think about where food and other resources come from.
Emiliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanking Emiliano for his/her post...
CellarDweller (7th February 2017), InbetweenDreams (6th February 2017), Jason (9th February 2017), LJay (7th February 2017), LONDONER (7th February 2017), princealbertofb (9th February 2017), Sherman8D (7th February 2017), ShiftyNJ (9th February 2017)
Unread 6th February 2017   #10
InbetweenDreams
54-6f-20-6c-6f-76-65

Single Gay Man
in - (USA)

Quote:
That is a matter of opinion, I can think of worse leaders Hussein, Stalin, Pol Pot, Hitler, Mao Zedong, lets not be too dramatic. At least he wants to rebuild our military, the Army being an organization near and dear to my heart, Obama disliked us that's a fact.
No Trump hasn't thrown anyone in a furnace yet... I am more curious about why you feel that Obama disliked people serving in the military?
Unread 6th February 2017   #11
Doc
Unstoppable

Yeah but we piss away money into other countries while our infrastructure goes to shit. Its like buying your neighbor new shutters while your shingles are falling off and you roof leaks. We need to take care of us first. I'm not saying not to help others we need to take care of ourselves then our allies, then who ever else is left.

I'll leave you with a quote from Sylvester Stallone in the movie Over The Top " You have to do what's best for you, the world meets no one half way"
Unread 6th February 2017   #12
Doc
Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InbetweenDreams View Post
No Trump hasn't thrown anyone in a furnace yet... I am more curious about why you feel that Obama disliked people serving in the military?
Cut our combat brigade in half, gave us low pay raises and forcefully integrated women into mens jobs. Just to name a few things.

I dont want to argue with anyone but Im saying this is my world view.
Unread 6th February 2017   #13
InbetweenDreams
54-6f-20-6c-6f-76-65

Single Gay Man
in - (USA)

Quote:
Cut our combat brigade in half, gave us low pay raises and forcefully integrated women into mens jobs. Just to name a few things.

I'm mostly curious. Not saying your wrong about any of this...

Do you feel that women were forced to take positions and not wanting the positions? You do mention mens jobs...

I do think there's no way you can compensate someone enough for potentially giving their life to serve in the military.
Unread 6th February 2017   #14
Doc
Unstoppable

No, women are allowed to serve in mens roles when they physically dont measure up, but for the sake of inclusion the were allowed and thats BS in my book. I can explain more and I would like too later but I have to go to class now.
Thanking Doc for his/her post...
InbetweenDreams (6th February 2017), meridannight (7th February 2017), SilverBullet (6th February 2017)
Unread 6th February 2017   #15
SilverBullet
Godlike

Single Gay Man
in ... (USA)

My Mood: Cold

Quote:

I had a friend who was low ranked but served several times in Iraq.
He had that issue as well as far as women on the front lines.
And honestly I do to, because being in his position I would.
He gave me several examples of how it was making things worse.

That is one major case political correctness bit us.
Sometimes darkness can show you the light
" ~Disturbed
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanking SilverBullet for his/her post...
Camfer (6th February 2017), InbetweenDreams (6th February 2017)

GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > People > Interests > Politics / Activism

Tags
address, british, parliament, trump