GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat

Go Back   GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > Help and Advice > Need Your Advice

Need Your Advice (you can post anonymously in here! - requires >50 posts)

Unread 3 Weeks Ago   #1
jackyboi1995
First Time Poster

Single Gay Man
Default Hinting to mate

Since I was 14/15 I have fancied one of my mates. He is now 26 and I am 25 however are a lot closer (more best mates) than when we were younger. Neither of us are out. I assume he is straight but has never had a GF. Pretty sure he's a virgin. Any advice on hints I could give him? He doesn't drink (and never has) so can't loosen him up through alcohol. It's been on my mind for a long time!
jackyboi1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Weeks Ago   #2
deephiance
Unstoppable

Single Gay Man
in Gold Coast (Australia)

My Mood: Relaxed

is there a reason why you can't be up front and honest?

Plying with alcohol would have been a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad move anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
deephiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanking deephiance for his/her post...
Camfer (3 Weeks Ago)
Unread 3 Weeks Ago   #3
Darius

Single Gay Man
in Midwest (USA)

My Mood: Amused

Yeah, the alcohol is a bad idea. Once you have the desire to be in a relationship or to have sex, it's time to be honest about who you are. You have to do it sooner or later and it might as well be with the guy you call your best friend and someone you think might be in the closet like you. Let us know what you do.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Weeks Ago   #4
LJay

Single Gay Man
in Richmond VA (USA)

My Mood: Cheeky

Chipping in with agreement for the above. You guys are longstanding friends in you mid 20's. You have survived adolescence more or less together. If that isn't the basis for an honest conversation about your sexuality, what is?

Sit down with him. Have a cup of coffee or whatever and tell him that you want to talk about some stuff and you are bashful doing so. Ask him if he could help you sort it out and then spill the beans. It isn't easy but you will be incredibly relieved when it has been done. Now go for it. Good luck.
Unread 3 Weeks Ago   #5
Camfer
King, House of Streaks

Gay Man in a Monogamous Gay Relationship
in Taos (USA)

I really like the double entendre thread title.

Does he know you like guys? That's the place to start. Keep the part about liking him for a little bit later.
drobs (3 Weeks Ago)
Unread 3 Weeks Ago   #6
meridannight
John Wick

Gay Man in an Open Gay Relationship
in Age: 33 (Italy)

My Mood: Hot

Just be honest with him. There's no reason why you should use hints to let him know or have him figure out for himself. He's an important person in your life, you want him to know -- just tell him. And don't use alcohol. That's a bad idea for situations like this.
Unread 2 Weeks Ago   #7
InbetweenDreams
54-6f-20-6c-6f-76-65

Single Gay Man
in - (USA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridannight View Post
Just be honest with him. There's no reason why you should use hints to let him know or have him figure out for himself. He's an important person in your life, you want him to know -- just tell him. And don't use alcohol. That's a bad idea for situations like this.
Yep yep yep. I mean the whole gay thing might not go over well but it all just depends. Why would you want friends who wouldn't accept your sexuality or have the balls to deal with the fact that you like him.

Get it out in the open, all I can say is if a guy isn't emotionally mature enough to discuss feelings then do what is best for you and move on... hate to say it but there are better guys out there, even when you don't think so.
InbetweenDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Weeks Ago   #8
matty7

Single Gay Man
in yorkshire (UK - England)

My Mood: Chatty

well im pretty sure he's not blind so he knows you've never had a girlfriend either....so that leaves one option - your not into women ... im guessing your confession will not be the shock you think it will be , you don't have to tell him you like him in that way to start with , let him deal with the gay part first - you may be surprised to get a confession from him too if he's ready to come out

GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > Help and Advice > Need Your Advice

Tags
hinting, mate