GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat

Go Back   GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > Help and Advice > Gay Dating

Gay Dating Useful Gay Dating tips by our members within.

Unread 9th February 2017   #16
kindy64
Godlike

Bi Man in a Monogamous Gay Relationship
in Pendleton, IN (USA)

My Mood: Amused

On the hookup apps, you could try advertising "seeking FWB, must be friends before benefits"

Gives the expectation that sex is a possibility, once you get to know a guy.
kindy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanking kindy64 for his/her post...
InbetweenDreams (15th February 2017)
Unread 9th February 2017   #17
ShiftyNJ
Where's the bar?

Gay Man in a Monogamous Gay Relationship
in NJ (USA)

My Mood: Pensive

Another thing to consider, what about meetup.com? People are a lot more attractive when doing things they enjoy, vs. being focused on the "interview" that blind dates tend to feel like.

If you have interests/hobbies maybe you could make some platonic friends that way and--even if not with them directly--the more people you know, the greater your chances of someone saying "I have a friend I'd like you to meet"
Thanking ShiftyNJ for his/her post...
Borg69 (9th February 2017), drobs (10th February 2017)
Unread 10th February 2017   #18
drobs
Insane Poster

in Djibouti (Djibouti)

My Mood: Goofy

I live just outside of a town w/ a population of 240 people. The next town north of us (30 miles) has a Clothing Optional Gay Campground. The owner is member of our supper club. We hired an electrician that introduced us to other gay couples in the area. Have a load of friends now.

Couple things you could look for - Colleges and Universities, Democratic Party Groups, Gay Supper Clubs, Diversity Groups. The Colleges might be able to point you to a group.

Have any Unitarian Churches in the area? The Unitarian Denomination is an - all religions are good type of church and most have LGBT Gay groups and even Gay church services.

Check on Craigslist both in personals and community.
Borg69 (10th February 2017)
Unread 11th February 2017   #19
NativeSon
Beyond Godlike

Single Curious Man
in Bespin (USA)

My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by InbetweenDreams View Post
In my experience the closet guys are very difficult to deal with, don't want to share a photo...etc
Think of it as a blind date.

Do you have these there?
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15th February 2017   #20
InbetweenDreams
54-6f-20-6c-6f-76-65

Single Gay Man
in - (USA)

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobs View Post
I live just outside of a town w/ a population of 240 people. The next town north of us (30 miles) has a Clothing Optional Gay Campground. The owner is member of our supper club. We hired an electrician that introduced us to other gay couples in the area. Have a load of friends now.

Couple things you could look for - Colleges and Universities, Democratic Party Groups, Gay Supper Clubs, Diversity Groups. The Colleges might be able to point you to a group.

Have any Unitarian Churches in the area? The Unitarian Denomination is an - all religions are good type of church and most have LGBT Gay groups and even Gay church services.

Check on Craigslist both in personals and community.
Well the only two groups I know of in the area is the PFLAG and the Franklin Friends... I ended up missing the P-FLAG meeting as I ended up working on a flight simulator at the high school....actually the first in the state to start an aviation class. Won't go into other details on it here..

The thing I notice is simply that the guys who do want to date aren't well represented in the area...

You can find guys to fuck sure, but many are closet cases and many of the guys I had simply ignored. Dick pics aren't my thing, but I have got quite a few of them.

I am kind of picky too, but it is what it is and I don't think I should try to change what I am physically attracted to.

POF seems to be slightly better in terms of finding someone date-able. I do have a couple guys I have been talking to and one is cute but seems kind of boring and been talking off and on for a while... It's like I need a "hook" sort to speak, I've got to be engaged...elevator talk gets old, especially when it is what continues. The other guy not quite so attracted to but not as boring... But I figure I will offer to go on a date, grab dinner or something and unless it goes terrible probably a 2nd date and see what I think. I do think 2-3 dates is fair. I mean first dates can go bad simply for being nervous, that's not to say I don't come off as something...
InbetweenDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanking InbetweenDreams for his/her post...
drobs (16th February 2017)
Unread 15th February 2017   #21
Barbry3227

in Tazewell (USA)

My Mood: Cheerful

I am from a very very.....very tiny town in Virginia and trust me there is hope....you have to weed through the hook up guys...and eventually I believe you'll find what you're looking for...10 years ago...I was single...had been for three years...felt I was never gonna find the right guy...got on dating sites and chat rooms...only found the guys who wanted a quick fix and move on (i...like you...don't do or believe in hookups)....but kept at it...and then 7 years ago...found the man who has now been my husband for almost 3 years...it's easy to get down....depressed...but have faith...and more often the not...the person you are looking for will find you when you least expect it..
Barbry3227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanking Barbry3227 for his/her post...
drobs (8th March 2017)

GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > Help and Advice > Gay Dating

Tags
area, rural