GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat

Go Back   GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > Entertainment > Movies

Movies Been to the cinema lately, streamed a film over the net or got a new Blu-ray/DVD? Let us know what you thought of it...

Unread 23rd January 2017   #1
InbetweenDreams
54-6f-20-6c-6f-76-65

Single Gay Man
in - (USA)

My Mood: Tired
Default The Official Title For Star Wars: Episode VIII Revealed

I'll be honest, I haven't followed Star Wars quite as well as say Star Trek but I did come across this little jewel and the movie is supposed to come out late this year....and hopefully it will be good... Rouge One was pretty good so hopefully they'll keep up the momentum.

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-off...-viii-revealed

Just thought I would share this with all your Star Wars DORKS....you know who you are :P
InbetweenDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanking InbetweenDreams for his/her post...
SilverBullet (24th January 2017)
Unread 11th February 2017   #2
NativeSon
Beyond Godlike

Single Curious Man
in Bespin (USA)

My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by InbetweenDreams View Post
I'll be honest, I haven't followed Star Wars quite as well as say Star Trek
Why would you think anyone would be, say, surprised by this?

SW isn't for, say, everyone.
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15th February 2017   #3
InbetweenDreams
54-6f-20-6c-6f-76-65

Single Gay Man
in - (USA)

Well you know I kind of posted this, say, for someone else.
Unread 16th February 2017   #4
NativeSon
Beyond Godlike

Single Curious Man
in Bespin (USA)

Well, I like both; though, I do believe SW--with the exception of Episodes I-III (and the small screen offerings)--is more enjoyable in almost every way.

Admittedly I am a novice when it comes to ST. I mostly prefer the original series (especially the first season) and I do like TNG. Bend-the-rules Kirk > Goody two-shoes Picard. Spock > Data. Etc., etc.

I've seen some of the films and I prefer TMP over Khan--I really don't understand how that one gets so much love.

I heart these lists (even if they omit the fan-made films):

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...d-worst-movies

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...-worst-to-best

Anyway, I really have no point other than to teach his own and SW is better. Yass.
Unread 16th February 2017   #5
InbetweenDreams
54-6f-20-6c-6f-76-65

Single Gay Man
in - (USA)

It depends on how you look at it... Star Wars was originally a rip off of Dune to a degree...

http://www.moongadget.com/origins/dune.html

However, I also think it just depends on what suits you better...you like Jar Jar Binks or do you like Neelix?

At least Neelix cooks right?

Kidding aside, Star Trek has a whole different storyline, more nerdy, technical (although I think JJ is taking a good deal of the nerdiness out lol), Star Wars does have a more colorful storyline. I prefer geekiness because the science fiction often is thought through well enough to make you wonder about space travel and a lot of things in star trek have at least partially become science fact. To each his own.
Unread 19th February 2017   #6
NativeSon
Beyond Godlike

Single Curious Man
in Bespin (USA)

I’ll be the first to say JJB is one of the most tragic characters in film history. He’s one of the reasons for the exceptions I made in my last post. To this day, rather than just concede that he blew it big time, George Lucas will smugly declare that JJB is his favorite of all the SW characters he created. Yikes.

I have no idea who Neelix is, but based on the way you framed the question, I’d say the correct answer can only be neither. I will add that cheesy characters are what I have come to expect from ST (all part of its charm). I remember when I first started watching TNG, I didn’t really understand the fan backlash received by Wil Wheaton’s character but as I grew more interested in the show it all started to become soooo painfully obvious. Cheesy characters are the exception when it comes to SW.

Absolutely agree that ST is science fiction in the truer sense. SW has always fallen somewhere closer to science fantasy than traditional science fiction. In that way alone the two are very different.

"The Last Jedi" Is the Word 'Jedi' Singular or Plural? Wouldn't You Like to Know? Ugh.... Well, Here's the Translated Answer. Yass!
Unread 19th February 2017   #7
InbetweenDreams
54-6f-20-6c-6f-76-65

Single Gay Man
in - (USA)

Neelix was on the Voyager series...

Yep, Star Trek does have a good bit of cheesiness to it... I mean Data on TNG is kind of a cheesy character but I guess they do it in a way that they grow on you... Well maybe not so much Wesley Crusher...

Funny thing is that the original series was pretty far fetched back in it's day... Never really got into the original series all that much. I grew up on TNG and Voyager and Deep Space 9 was more of a drama show but I guess it did satisfy those who like the storyline more.

But yeah I would say that Star Wars has a bigger fan base, fantasy is more attractive than reality, even if the reality is still fiction. I guess Star Trek is still a fantasy in the fact that having humanity all get along on a large scale. Although it is kind of true if you look at the International Space Station, I mean you have Americans, Russians, Chinese, etc... Hmmm, well getting off topic.

Anyway, when I find more time I need to go back and watch all the Star Wars movies... I think it's good just doesn't capture me the same way Star Trek does...

Blog: axle.servebeer.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > Entertainment > Movies

Tags
episode, official, revealed, star, title, viii, wars