GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat

Go Back   GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > Help and Advice > Need Your Advice

Need Your Advice (you can post anonymously in here! - requires >50 posts)

Unread 3 Weeks Ago   #16
Mike
Veteran

You know failures always make men feel depressed and totally broken. when you 20 it is ok, but when you are 37 it influences your emotional and psychological state greatly. I really need time to calm down a bit and think about the life and how it can change if we have a child.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Weeks Ago   #17
Darius

Single Gay Man
in Midwest (USA)

My Mood: Amused

Have you tried talking to people who have adopted or even parents who have biological children.
I come from a large family with lots of babies and small children. Of course children are going to change your life. How much you are willing to change, only you know.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Weeks Ago   #18
Mike
Veteran

Actually we don't have friends that adopted a child but we have friends (straight ones) who have children and bf's sister has recently born a daughter. we communicate with them, they tell us different things about their children but they don't go into the details about what they changed in their life because of children. they seem to be very happy because of that. maybe because of this my bf thinks that it is too easy but in reality it is not... i have an idea! thank you Darius! i think we should talk with his sister about the peculiarities of raising up and the changes in her life after the baby is born. and i need to ask her about all changes, not only positive one!
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Weeks Ago   #19
kindy64
Godlike

Bi Man in a Monogamous Gay Relationship
in Pendleton, IN (USA)

My Mood: Amused

My ex-wife and I adopted an older child (12 when we got him) from our state child services agency.

Keep this in mind when you are talking about adopting children, as there are plenty of these children available. They often have a harder time getting placed because everyone wants an infant.

You can see children available for adoption here http://www.adoptuskids.org/
kindy64 is offline   Reply With Quote

GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > Help and Advice > Need Your Advice

Tags
boyfriend, child