GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat

Go Back   GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > Help and Advice > Need Your Advice

Need Your Advice (you can post anonymously in here! - requires >50 posts)

Unread 28th January 2017   #16
deephiance
Godlike

Single Gay Man
in Gold Coast (Australia)

My Mood: Amused

This sounds like most western countries in the 1970's and 80's. Homosexuality was illegal and was listed as a mental illness in most western countries until 1979 and treatments were often as barbaric as electric shock treatment.

In those times, gay men and women survived, thrived...first as an underground culture to slowly rise and change the laws and the thinking towards homosexuality to the point today where where the biggest issue facing gays and lesbians is the right to marriage.

Our predecessors fought bloody hard and 100% of the time without internet and they succeeded.

It may not be necessary to emigrate, you can find that 'underground' subculture in your country and become a part of it and be part of the change into the future.

The constant questions about why you don't have a girlfriend, just tell them that you are not ready to settle down with anyone...if they ask if you are gay, just repeat 'I am not ready to settle down with anyone'. This way you are not confirming your lack of attraction to girls, you are simply stating that you are not ready.

Some people gay or straight feel they are never ready for a relationship, so telling people you aren't ready is not entirely a stretch of the imagination.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
deephiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanking deephiance for his/her post...
cormeum (28th January 2017)
Unread 28th January 2017   #17
Confuzzled4
Unstoppable

Single Gay Man
in Marlboro (USA)

My Mood: Sad

Historically Russian nobles actually learned French, and in present day there are some Russian citizens who pick it up as a second language, but I digress. It will be a long time before Russia is more accepting of gay people, and you would definitely be better off leaving the country. You will be happier somewhere else where you can be free to be yourself. I think Europe as was said, France, Switzerland, Denmark, would be the easiest option you have. I didn't know they grant asylum, but it means it's a lot easier than applying for a work visa or applying for citizenship. Also, it would be easier for you to travel from Russia to another country in Europe than the U.S. Of course if you want to come to the U.S. you should try, but it would still be easier if you went to say France first then tried to come to the U.S. I had a best friend from Belarus, and I think he may have been gay. His dad and stepdad are against it, and he always worries he won't be as good as his brother, so I think it forced him to stay in the closet, and this is him living in the U.S. for 21 years. I'm familiar with the Russian background because of where I went to school and who I have as friends. Please, please don't ever commit suicide when you have a chance to live a good life. You need to move, and it won't be easy but you will find happiness. You have people here who are willing to help. Best wishes to you.
Confuzzled4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanking Confuzzled4 for his/her post...
cormeum (28th January 2017)

GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > Help and Advice > Need Your Advice

Tags
gay, life, russia