GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat

Go Back   GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > Help and Advice > Need Your Advice

Need Your Advice (you can post anonymously in here! - requires >50 posts)

Unread 11th February 2017   #16
seeking
Insane Poster

Single Gay Man
in NT (China)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
I think your desire to "act normally" or "act like yourself" is actually, truly, the acting not like yourself in this instance.

It is your genuine reaction to feel somewhat giddy, or nervous and excited, that is a genuine response you have to someone you like. So, the more you loosen up about those feelings, the more you can enjoy the time you get to spend together, maybe?
Thanks for the advice! I would definitely try to relax and don't think too much about it. Hope for the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princealbertofb View Post
I would have thought being away from China, it would be easier for your to assert yourself and assert your orientation. Try to make the most of it, especially if you are in that European country (which one? ) where it is probably an accepted thing to be gay.
I am in France. Yes It's more accepted. it's just me, I guess, having this kind of fear... maybe I just need some time to adjust my thoughts.

About the wiener thing, haha, I am well-aware the meaning of that and also wasn't serious, but thanks for clarifying things up Prince
seeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanking seeking for his/her post...
princealbertofb (11th February 2017)
Unread 11th February 2017   #17
princealbertofb
King of the Word???

Gay Man in a Monogamous Gay Relationship
in Near Geneva (Switzerland) (France)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeking View Post
Thanks for the advice! I would definitely try to relax and don't think too much about it. Hope for the best!

I am in France. Yes It's more accepted. it's just me, I guess, having this kind of fear... maybe I just need some time to adjust my thoughts.

About the wiener thing, haha, I am well-aware the meaning of that and also wasn't serious, but thanks for clarifying things up Prince
I live in France too, so I know how things are here. It doesn't seem there should be a problem, but some places may be a little more frightening to come out in, I agree.
princealbertofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanking princealbertofb for his/her post...
seeking (11th February 2017)
Unread 12th February 2017   #18
Darius

Single Gay Man
in Midwest (USA)

My Mood: Amused

Quote:
A letter missing that might be confusing : show him your penis.... ? er.... maybe not. Unless it's in a private and intimate setting appropriate for that show of flesh.

Good luck, @seeking.
Prince, it's why I put an "LOL" with the line. Seeking knew I was joking.

Thank you for pointing out my typo, too.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12th February 2017   #19
princealbertofb
King of the Word???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius View Post
Prince, it's why I put an "LOL" with the line. Seeking knew I was joking.

Thank you for pointing out my typo, too.
I knew what you meant with your LOL, @Darius, and I'm glad @seeking got the joke too. I just wanted to make sure the message was still clear, something we need to be careful of when dealing with members whose mother tongue is not necessarily English. Seeking seems to be doing well with the English language, but it may not be the case with everyone on the boards, as I've found out with other members. I wasn't sure whether he knew the word wiener (but then I was equally unsure whether he knew the word penis... so, ....)

I think the Mandarin word for that is 'yinjing'. Right, @seeking? 陰莖 or in simplified 阴茎. Probably not 'weina" 维纳.
Thanking princealbertofb for his/her post...
seeking (12th February 2017)
Unread 12th February 2017   #20
princealbertofb
King of the Word???

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeking View Post

Tu apprends le français, @seeking?
Unread 12th February 2017   #21
seeking
Insane Poster

Single Gay Man
in NT (China)

Quote:
I knew what you meant with your LOL, @Darius, and I'm glad @seeking got the joke too. I just wanted to make sure the message was still clear, something we need to be careful of when dealing with members whose mother tongue is not necessarily English. Seeking seems to be doing well with the English language, but it may not be the case with everyone on the boards, as I've found out with other members. I wasn't sure whether he knew the word wiener (but then I was equally unsure whether he knew the word penis... so, ....)

I think the Mandarin word for that is 'yinjing'. Right, @seeking? 陰莖 or in simplified 阴茎. Probably not 'weina" 维纳.
I know your concern, Prince. The word "wiener" is not the one that foreign people would learn from school normally and could potentially cause confusion. But as a gay man who browsed through many gay sites I am quite familiar with the sub-meaning of it....And because I already knew Darius a bit to expect what he would mean :P

And yes yinjing is the word but it's the one which is very formal just like "penis" in english. The slang word would be 雞巴 jiba , 屌 diao (also a foul word) and many others that I can't list them all especially if you consider the differences between mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

Quote:
Tu apprends le français, @seeking?
Oui, c'est la raison que je viens en France et j'espere que je peux l'ameliorer. :D
seeking is offline   Reply With Quote

GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > Help and Advice > Need Your Advice

Tags
guess, mind, place, tidy