GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat

Go Back   GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > People > Lifestyle > Health and Fitness

Unread 1 Week Ago   #1
Ibex
Fabulous

Single Bi Man
My Mood: Fine
Default Zumba

Any of you do zumba?
For someone who is out of shape and overweight, how is it?
Ibex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Days Ago   #2
Cuddly

Gay Man in a Monogamous Gay Relationship
in Private (Denmark)

My Mood: Angelic

I tried zumba. It's great fun. The point of it is moving. If you're in poor shape and can't do the exercises fully, then you just do them the best you can. In my experience only the instructor and a handful of regulars can really do it well anyway. The rest of the class is just trying... it's great.
Unread 4 Days Ago   #3
matty7

Single Gay Man
in yorkshire (UK - England)

My Mood: Chatty

an old school friend on Facebook is a qualified zumba instructor - well for one thing she does not look her age - and her posts on Facebook are always positive - not saying zumba is the reason why but she does seem energized - she has varying age groups and varying fitness and sized people joining in and i can honestly say that all look like they are benefiting from it - ive never tried it myself so im not selling it but if it gets you motivated then try it mate
Unread 4 Days Ago   #4
TwisttheLeaf
Big Stick Ideology

Pansexual Man in a Monogamous Gay Relationship
in Seattle (USA)

My Mood: Tired

I've tried it a time or two. As long as you expect to sweat your ass off, and you have good knees, I think you'll enjoy it. It's very upbeat and there isn't a lot of "judgement" in the atmosphere like what seems more the norm in the gym and other classes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TwisttheLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Hours Ago   #5
Ibex
Fabulous

Single Bi Man
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisttheLeaf View Post
I've tried it a time or two. As long as you expect to sweat your ass off, and you have good knees, I think you'll enjoy it. It's very upbeat and there isn't a lot of "judgement" in the atmosphere like what seems more the norm in the gym and other classes.
Hmm, my left knee isn't that good to me.
Got an MR check up in July. Guess I should wait until after the results of that before starting zumba.
Plus, my lower back isn't nice to me either. Also a part that'll get a check up at the MR.
Ibex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanking Ibex for his/her post...
TwisttheLeaf (6 Hours Ago)

GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > People > Lifestyle > Health and Fitness

Tags
zumba