GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat

Go Back   GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > News > UK News Forum

UK News Forum You can now post in these News sections but please note all posts will be placed in a moderation queue so there may be some delay before appearing.

Unread 26th October 2016   #1
artyboy
Artyboy in da house

Single Pansexual Man
in Wiltshire (UK - England)

My Mood: Amused
Default Homophobia in sport: Most fans 'would welcome gay players' - BBC survey

Homophobia in sport: Most fans 'would welcome gay players' - BBC survey

Click here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
artyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27th October 2016   #2
Insertnamehere

Single Gay Man
in Fuck off (Antarctica)

Well that's neat for GB...winder how the N. Ireland bit feels about it.

I'm not sure there is, overall, a particularly friendly environment for public figures to come out, but things are better than they were even a decade ago, I suppose.

ANYA: Of course it did. It always does. Seen a thousand relationships. First there's the love and sex, and then there's nothing left but the vengeance. That's how it works.
Insertnamehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27th October 2016   #3
LONDONER

Single Gay Man
in LONDON (UK - England)

My Mood: Amused

I have to agree with this:

Quote:
Football Association chairman Greg Clarke told MPs he was "cautious" of encouraging a player to come out because they may suffer "significant abuse" from fans.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 live on Wednesday, Clarke said he stood by his "personal view" that "vile abuse" from a "small minority on the terraces" must be solved before any gay footballers "take that risk" to come out.

I think it will be a long time before players come out without the risk of abuse.

GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > News > UK News Forum

Tags
bbc, fans, gay, homophobia, players, sport, survey