GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat

Go Back   GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > Help and Advice > Gay Dating

Gay Dating Useful Gay Dating tips by our members within.

Unread 13th March 2017   #76
artyboy
Artyboy in da house

Single Pansexual Man
in Wiltshire (UK - England)

My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by deephiance View Post
I feel like I have already replied somewhere in this discussion, my heart said go check and see if you have, my head said fuck off, just reply.

I don't tend to see a disability in the same manner as a majority of people would see it, I prefer to see ability, and by that I mean you are faced with a series of challenges, we all are, but how we approach those challenges is what defines your character.

Being wholey reliant on other people and using your disability as a crutch before even trying to attempt to meet a challenge would be a deal breaker, not the disability in itself.

http://shareably.net/little-boy-and-...elchair-story/

having said all that, this topic brings back a memory of a video I watch a long while ago.

I love that film, Im going to have to post that on my facebook page lol!

Trust me I rather have nothing in the world and be able to be able bodied, so much I could do.

In the UK we have the motability scheme which helps disabled people get new cars, but there are a lot of able bodied people here that are very jealous of that fact and come out with right nasty crap. I ask them so you would make yourself disabled just for a car then? I rather not have a new car and be able bodied.

Anyway back to the subject.

In some ways being disabled is the same as being LGBT we have to overcome the same things to be expected in society. Disabled be came be right bastards too btw lol!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
artyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanking artyboy for his/her post...
deephiance (14th March 2017)
Unread 15th March 2017   #77
Cowboy
Crazy Poster

Single Gay Man
in Small Town (USA)

My Mood: Crappy

@artyboy
Are they free cars, discounted cars, or do they help you with financing? How does that work? Are they jealous because the cars are badass or something? I would imagine you would get a boring but practical car with handicap access right? Minivans are practical but they sure arent chick/dude magnets, I wouldnt be jealous of a minivan.

Also if your condition is degenerative, was there ever a point when you were completely able bodied like as a child? Sorry if Im asking too many questions, but you you when say muscle wasting condition I think D.J. Qualls, I know he doesnt have a condition, are you like really thin and fragile?

You said you can walk, do you walk really slow or can you basically hang with the able bodied and keep pace? I think as long as you try to date a guy that has similar hobbies and isnt into physical things like mountain biking and rock climbing you should be ok.

Im sorry if these questions are too personal.
Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd March 2017   #78
sillyboy86
The Perfect Prince

Single Bi Man
in My small hometown in North of Italy... Now. (Italy)

My Mood: Bored

I remember an old topic like this, at that time I was like "yes, why not?", today I'm not sure about it.
I would like to say yes, but I also must admit I've got weaknesses.

First of all I think there's disability and disability, for example I don't think I'd like to date a person with a mental or other serious disability, cause I have personal reasons to say that I would be too much sorry for him/her, if not even guilty and this would not lead to anything good, for both of us. Maybe I'm just too much pessimist.
Second, I would not like to be a caretaker, I'm done with this kind of bonds, I don't want someone who I must look for. But as you say, not everyone is looking for a carer.

On the opposite side, if the person, for example the person is independent etc, I can spend myself for her/him, I could even feel proud of him/her, like "look at her, she's so strong, I love her and she's also an inspiration to me, etc."
Or maybe not, but I can deal with some kind of problem, cause I have problem and flaws myself, I'm not perfect.
Also the personality is really important, so if I'm really into him I would not care about a disability, maybe not at all.
I also think that I wouldn't have any problem dating someone with a minor disability.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WOOF!
sillyboy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanking sillyboy86 for his/her post...
Unread 14th April 2017   #79
Cheet0V90
Immortal

Single Curious Man

I understand your point about not wanting to be a "caretaker" and as a physically disabled persons myself I can respect your other reasons for saying what you did, however if you can see past the "disability" and whatever else that they need to do "differently" let's say, there is still room for a successful relationship to be built
Cheet0V90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19th April 2017   #80
Emy
Veteran

Single Gay Woman
in Vancouver (Canada)

Undoubtedly, love comes from within right?
Emy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19th April 2017   #81
Cheet0V90
Immortal

Single Curious Man

Yes assuredly, is more about finding a balance with the person and whether or not you are truly comfortable with them or not
Cheet0V90 is offline   Reply With Quote

GaySpeak Gay Forums and Chat > Help and Advice > Gay Dating

Tags
date, disabled, person