Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New (Question on Faith and Homosexuality, the relationship between the two)
sox-and-the-city Wrote:BOO!! This thread is fascinating and i'd have dearly liked to have thrown in my two pennies much earlier, rather than resurrecting (if you'll excuse the imagery) a thread which is apparently long gone...
Never mind, be bold and just do it Wink

Quote: ... We are all made in the image of God and that includes the queers and the crazies, facts that perhaps people forget. The only one who can judge me or my sexuality therefore is surely the man upstairs Himself. I personally cannot see why one who loves us and is there for us always would punish us for being the way he created us, in His own image. Or, to put it another way, there really isn't, to my view, any room for incompatibility between Christianity and my relationship with God and my sexuality, which is such a small part of who i am as a person. ...
Aren't there a lot of "ifs" missing in that paragraph? Rolleyes

Fundamentalists can and do justify their judgements in terms of a loving god. Have you never been confronted with the argument that this is our trial in life; to be tempted and to overcome temptation? Some are born disabled; we are born gay! How can one begin to reason with the inhabitants of a monochrome world who try to convince us that black is white anyway?

Twazzle Wrote:-Joins in with answering the original question.

... The casual sex thing I want to comment.. Many people assume this.. With things like all male saunas and certain public toilets which are known for a quickie.. BUT I don't think its more inclined to casual sex, I just think like as many people over the past decades etc didnt at all accept homosexuality, there was certain places which people were forced to go to, which I believe are the very few known for this kind of meet... I think its more to be with society, I mean if in a cinema people saw 2 guys making out etc in the back rows, then people would have a very very very different opinion to a guy and a girl.

... (Hope that makes sense)
Absolutely. Good point.

Messages In This Thread
New (Question on Faith and Homosexuality, the relationship between the two) - by marshlander - 11-28-2008, 11:30 AM