Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New (Question on Faith and Homosexuality, the relationship between the two)
DtotheJtotheM Wrote:The bible makes its opinion quite clear concerning the moral implications of homosexuality.

I disagree the Bible is distinctly less than clear.

DtotheJtotheM Wrote:People say that the old testament was nullified with the coming of Jesus, but if that were so, it would mean Jesus was not the messiah that the old testament prophesied, which would of course destroy Christianity.

I simply don't follow your logic. Why can't God give his children new laws to live by, if he sees fit. Also taking your reasoning to its logical conclusion, Jesus' death and message was only for the Jews and not the Gentiles, therefore only those entitled to to regarded as Jewish (by other Jews) can be Christian, therefore the true Christian population of the world is very small indeed.

Also the meaning of the passages of the New Testament relating to homosexuality depend crucially on the correct translation of somewhat obscure Greek words and distinguishing references to various temple sex cults to homosexuality per se.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Messages In This Thread
New (Question on Faith and Homosexuality, the relationship between the two) - by fredv3b - 09-16-2010, 09:44 PM