Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New (Question on Faith and Homosexuality, the relationship between the two)
fredv3b Wrote:I disagree the Bible is distinctly less than clear.

I simply don't follow your logic. Why can't God give his children new laws to live by, if he sees fit. Also taking your reasoning to its logical conclusion, Jesus' death and message was only for the Jews and not the Gentiles, therefore only those entitled to to regarded as Jewish (by other Jews) can be Christian, therefore the true Christian population of the world is very small indeed.

Also the meaning of the passages of the New Testament relating to homosexuality depend crucially on the correct translation of somewhat obscure Greek words and distinguishing references to various temple sex cults to homosexuality per se.

I never mentioned differentiation between gentiles and Jews, simply that the Christian Jesus would have come back upholding the original law concerning sin - even if it can be forgiven, it's still a sin, sin being outlined in both the new and old testament as x, y, z.

Plus, the act of God suddenly nullifying everything he said before simply because "he sees fit" is entirely insensitive and very wishy-washy. See here: Tumblrweeds

The bible is clear. I understand the whole mistranslation thing concerning the word arkensonite and Paul's usage of it, indeed I once believed that to be a case for Christians to accept homosexuality as not being sin - but that only relates to the new testament and not the old testament's clear denouncing of same-sex relations in Leviticus. And look! Here in the NEW testament as Paul also states without using the word arkensonite is this quote as well: "Even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet. God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient. Some of you were like that. But you have been purified from sin; you have been dedicated to God; you have been put right with God by the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." -Romans 1:26-28

What is clearly depicted here is that homosexuality is unnatural and sinful, and that it can be cured.

I also do believe that the true Christian population of the world is small, as with most other religions.

Messages In This Thread
New (Question on Faith and Homosexuality, the relationship between the two) - by DtotheJtotheM - 09-17-2010, 02:45 PM