Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm confused...as always.
Star 
So I met this guy on Tinder back in early September and we met maybe 2 weeks after we started talking. We have similar interests which is great. And we hangout twice in September. But one weekend, I ask to hangout or whatever and he said he couldn't which is fine and I was with my friends that weekend anyway. But then the following week he couldn't because he had a friend in town and then the next he went to Orlando to see his family. So I kept thinking is he avoiding me or was he legit busy. And the weekend before he left for Orlando, we met up spontaneously which was nice. He initiated it. Which is a plus. But this weekend he canceled our plans because he had a lot of work to catch up on since being out town for 4 days. 

I want to believe him but with my past I have a hard time trusting anyone really. But do you think I should ask him if he's avoiding me? Because sometimes his text seem like he's interested and he texts me back 90% of the time. So should I flat out ask him, if he's trying to avoid me and why? Or not text him at all and see if he does texts me? He sometimes very rarely initiated the conversation. (That part doesn't bother me). So what should I do?

I also called it a date and he didn't say anything about the word date. He just said he was sorry.

My advice is to go with your gut - always my advice actually.

No way to tell one way or the other is it is legit or an excuse really and if you will start analyzing and getting head trips trying to figure it out you might destroy a possible friendship or love interest.

So - the gut is the best option IMO.

I would agree with @eastofeden and not over analyze things. I can tell you firsthand that doing so will likely not work out well. It is very easy to assume things are one way when they're another. I do share your feelings about not trusting people but not everyone is awful... I try and suggest having some faith in people so unless you have caught them in a lie or have a valid reason not to trust them then I would assume they're telling them truth. If you've met this guy in person and he's still talking to you then I would think that is a good sign...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

It's a trying time for a lot of people right now, so him catching up with family and close friends could very well be legitimate catch ups and check ins, making sure folks are ok.

You've not known each other long so I'd give it more time and see how things develop. Perhaps he doesn't want to rush things. Not everyone moves at the same speed.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bookworm's post:
  •

I still think it is early days. If he is still texting you back and showing interest, I wouldn't panic just yet. He sounds like he has been busy, and therefore probably does have work to catch up on. However, if he still doesn't make time for you in the next few weeks, then I would probably bring it up with him. If you were, say, 6 months into a relationship I would be questioning now why he hasn't made much time for you, but like I say, it still seems like early days. Give him another couple weeks and see what happens.