Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesla: Were the ancient Egyptian Pyramids power stations?
(11-03-2020, 12:30 PM)tomtom Wrote: Thank you Inbetweendreams but is evidence not proof? The electric light bulb drawings and hieroglyphics in the Dendera Light from the Hathor Temple c 1500 BC are hard to explain away!

I understand where you're coming from but the evidence, at least in this specific example, is arguably not evidence at all... To me it looks like a snake or serpent...

I know people hate when the Wikipedia card is used but it is a good source for information and always a good place to start with research.

Quote:Mainstream interpretation
The view of Egyptologists is that the relief is a mythological depiction of a djed pillar and a lotus flower (Nymphaea caerulea), spawning a snake within, representing aspects of Egyptian mythology.[1][2] The djed pillar is a symbol of stability which is also interpreted as the backbone of the god Osiris. In the carvings the four horizontal lines forming the capital of the djed are supplemented by human arms stretching out, as if the djed were a backbone. The arms hold up the snake within the lotus flower. The snakes coming from the lotus symbolize fertility, linked to the annual Nile flood.[2]

Fringe interpretation
In contrast to the mainstream interpretation, a fringe hypothesis proposes that the reliefs depict ancient Egyptian electrical technology, based on comparison to similar modern devices (such as Geissler tubes, Crookes tubes, and arc lamps). J. N. Lockyer's passing reference to a colleague's humorous suggestion that electric lamps would explain the absence of lampblack deposits in the tombs has sometimes been forwarded as an argument supporting this particular interpretation (another argument being made is the use of a system of reflective mirrors).[3] Proponents of this interpretation have also used a text referring to "high poles covered with copper plates" to argue this,[4] but Bolko Stern has written in detail explaining why the copper-covered tops of poles (which were lower than the associated pylons) do not relate to electricity or lightning, pointing out that no evidence of anything used to manipulate electricity had been found in Egypt and that this was a magical and not a technical installation.[5]

Archaeologist and debunker Kenneth Feder argued that if ancient Egyptians really had such advanced technology, some light bulb remains (glass shards, metal sockets, filaments...) should have been discovered during archaeological excavations. By applying the Occam's razor, he instead highlighted the feasibility of the aforementioned reflective mirrors system, and also that the notion of adding salt to torches to minimize lampblack was well known by ancient Egyptians.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendera_light

Here's the problem with these so called documentary, they only give anecdotal evidence, they often use phrases like "It might be that..." or "It is possible..."

When you hear those phrases used in something that is supposed to be a documentary about history or whatever it is, your BS meter should be sounding, at least you should be extremely skeptical.

Is there a way to really disprove that the Dendera Light isn't a lightbulb...I suppose not, other than well, if you ask me, it isn't. I classify these sort of thing in the same boat as trying to disprove that the world's leaders are really reptiles running everything and are tasked with keeping us enslaved.

I mean can you tell me that Hillary Clinton isn't a reptile?

[Image: fe277406e6ef8938b5f9bde6c21be36c.jpg]

Or is it just a poor quality image? You and hopefully most people would say it's just the image right?

The problem isn't so much that they're wrong it is how they're pitching it. This sort of thinking, or lack there of leads to things like the flat Earth movement. I can't take you on a Space-X rocket to prove to someone that the Earth is indeed round just I can't prove or disprove that the ancient Egyptians had advanced technology. It is entirely possible that at some point that ancient civilizations had some technology, but it isn't likely at least not on a large scale like today and we haven't found any fossilized iPhone 12's yet. Joking aside, we can argue that virtually none of our electronics, buildings would be left after 10,000 years, most will decay away leaving future generations making possibly wild conclusions about us.

Here's the bottom line, believe what you want to believe, after all people believe in Santa Claus in the sky who will condemn us to Hell if we don't behave. Not trying to tell you what to believe necessarily but I think we should very suspicious to those trying to pitch us the idea that aliens where on the planet and gave them advanced tech and can only offer us "It might be" and "It's possible that" and nothing more.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tesla: Were the ancient Egyptian Pyramids power stations? - by InbetweenDreams - 11-03-2020, 01:49 PM