Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smartwatches
So who all here has a smartwatch? I have had not the greatest luck with smartwatches with some exception going to the earlier fitbits. I had a Samsung Galaxy smartwatch, the original one they had come out with since I have a Samsung phone and has been my understanding that you must have an iPhone to be able to use the Apple watch. Anyway, that watch died. I supposed I could have done something about the warranty crap but I just stuck it in a drawer and left it. I went to the opposite end of the watch spectrum and got a self-winding watch and also have had not the best experience with those either lol. Anyway, been thinking about smartwatches and eyed the new Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and decided to risk it again. Curious about what everyone else has, particularly if it isn't Apple, and what your experience has been.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I've not actually owned a watch for years now since I lost the last one I had. My mobile phone goes everywhere with me, and tells me the time, so I figured I don't need one now. I'm not phased by not having one.
I might get a new one at some point.

Probably not the type of response you were looking for, but there it is anyway  Big Grin
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

I've gotten used to having a watch and the smartwatch is handy say if you're out mountain biking or running or in some situation where you might not have your phone on you. Are smartwatches necessary? Probably not, then again smartphones aren't really necessary either but here we are lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

You have to keep the phone close enough for BT unless you have an LTE model and many LTE signals out on the trails are unreliable. So since samsung health and other apps already "measure" several things right through the phone, I've put off the urge to splurge. Lovelove
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

@ChadCoxRox The one I am getting is the LTE model. My experience with the old one was that the LTE does work reasonably well for being out in the sticks, is it as good as having a phone, no it isn't but you never know. One thing for sure though, if you don't have a signal with a phone you'll definitely not have a signal on your watch.

The one I'm getting is the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 46 mm in black...That's a mouthful.
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

I like the stainless steel classic with the bezel too. If I bought it I'd wear only that with nothing else to do my house chores. I'm not too sure about wearing while I'm sleeping though.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Never seen the appeal to be honest. Several of my workmates have them however.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Cridders88's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

It's more a geeky thing. I do, however, think a man with a nice watch on is sexy af, especially as he's taking it off. Lovelove
[-] The following 1 member Likes ChadCoxRox's post:
  • Cridders88

(09-08-2021, 12:44 AM)ChadCoxRox Wrote: It's more a geeky thing. I do, however, think a man with a nice watch on is sexy af, especially as he's taking it off.  Lovelove

I am a sucker for a nice watch Smile. That's another thing, smart watches don't look nice IMO.

Well I hear the battery life is...well, leaves more to be desired...

@Cridders88 I can't say I've had a "fancy" watch but I don't think it looks too bad, especially once you ditch the strap it comes with for a leather one...

[Image: 01SM-R890_Watch4_BT_Black_RGB-Gallery-16...tails-jpg%24]

Of course you can change the watch face and all that jazz...

This is the self-winding watch I have now, I can tell you it is not worth $249, I paid half of that. It looks nice and all but quality control is piss poor imo, had to send the first one back because it wouldn't wind up. The second one that I have now, I had to open up to lube the internals for the same reason.

[Image: ME3098_main?%24sfcc_fos_large%24]
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ChadCoxRox