Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That feeling of you knowing you’re not going to have a career advancement
I used to work as an IT Tech but I switched to Customer Service as this is where I find my passion.

The job is tough but it gives me a satisfaction especially when I knew I truly helped someone. I’ve been doing this since 2020 and currently at my 2nd company.

I admit, the 2nd company gives good salary considering my experience but at the same time I dont feel like Im going to stay longer in my current workplace. I’ve been feeling this since last year, that feeling of you dreading to come at work, always keep thinking of skipping your shift. 

As for the career advancement, I would say it’s tough not because of the requirements but the politics behind it and favoritism. Most of co-workers are also two-face. I would rather like to know their real opinion or stand than see them say nothing but talk behind your back. 

I decided that I will just wait until I celebrate my 1 year stay there and I’ll resign.

I also realized that having a good salary but having this environment isn’t worthy.

Yeah co-workers, management, if you don't like them or if it just doesn't fit, all the money in the world won't make it not suck (other than the fact that with all the money in the world you can just quit after payday). Honestly, don't wait, start looking and interviewing now. The job market is unpredictable.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(03-14-2024, 01:02 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Yeah co-workers, management, if you don't like them or if it just doesn't fit, all the money in the world won't make it not suck (other than the fact that with all the money in the world you can just quit after payday). Honestly, don't wait, start looking and interviewing now. The job market is unpredictable.
I need to think this through. I dont want my expenses to pile up. Given that I have savings, I dont want to use them while Im out of work for couple of weeks/months. It’s better to save up for those rainy days.

Right that's why you interview, find a company or job you like, then you can make your move. That is, unless you want to take time off before changing things. Not sure what is normal or customary where you are but in the US you generally are supposed to give a 2 week notice at most places, some you may need 30 if your position requires a license or something like that.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(03-14-2024, 07:37 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Right that's why you interview, find a company or job you like, then you can make your move. That is, unless you want to take time off before changing things. Not sure what is normal or customary where you are but in the US you generally are supposed to give a 2 week notice at most places, some you may need 30 if your position requires a license or something like that.
My usual strategy is I complete my render first. That’s like 30 days notice. If I get some job interviews, knowing that I can get hired quickly as possible it can affect my commitments worst, conflict of schedule. I may take some time to have a break as well but usually this is like a maximum of 1 month. Basically to finish all my business with the previous company so the last thing I can do it to collect my last paycheck