Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Computer with Windows 8
I got a new computer with Windows 8 on it.

I don't like it, but I will have to get used to it.

Was wondering if anyone on here is Windows 8 savvy???
Cause I have a LOT of questions. And will have a lot more questions.

I cant figure most of these damn things on here!!!!

I have the answer:

APPLE

Counselor Wrote:I have the answer:

APPLE is satan.

Sorry, you left something out there!

I could ask my brother any questions you have, Windows 8 is what he uses Xyxthumbs.

^^ LOL Kumawool thats about right Smile

MisterTinkles:
If you want the "missing" start menu back do this:

select the desktop tile
right-click the taskbar and make sure there is no checkmark by "lock the taskbar" (un-check it if its checked)
right-click the taskbar again and select Toolbars, then New Toolbar
then in the 'folder' blank at the bottom type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
Finally click Select Folder
(it will appear on the right end of the taskbar, but you can drag things around to get it back to the left side where it belongs)

hot keys help http://blog.laptopmag.com/15-essential-w...-shortcuts
I think I'll just stick to windows 7 though.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Everybody I know who have W8 didn't like it at the begining, and then started to like it. I'm still on 7 but I'll go on 8 soon I think.

Im thinking maybe Youtube has some instructional videos on W8.
I hope.

Well, Im still "getting to know" W8.
My friend, who claims to be a computer geek, says W8 is being revamped to W8.1 soon, which will bring back a lot of the standard options that XP and W7 have.

Here are some of the things Im trying to do.......

*Trying to make the computer fonts larger. Not the icons, just the fonts. Also trying to change the font style on the computer.
Ive tried playing around with this and found some basic options, but cant figure out how to make them applied.

*Changing the color schemes. I need a darker background on my computer screens, the bright white hurts my eyes. I cant find any optinos on W8 to do this.

*Changing my desktop background to a photo I can get online. I don't like the ones that came with the pc. Again, cannot find an option to do this.

*Screen size format. A lot of stuff I am seeing is just in a large square in the center of the screen. If I try to use ctrl and scroll my mouse to make it bigger, it just goes off to one side of the screen and gets fuzzy. I found the monitor/accessories thing, but I don't find options for different size screens like on XP and the other ones.

That's all I can think of now. Im sure I will have a lot more as I play around with this more.

Thanks guys!!

MisterTinkles Wrote:Im thinking maybe Youtube has some instructional videos on W8.
I hope.

Well, Im still "getting to know" W8.
My friend, who claims to be a computer geek, says W8 is being revamped to W8.1 soon, which will bring back a lot of the standard options that XP and W7 have.

Here are some of the things Im trying to do.......

*Trying to make the computer fonts larger. Not the icons, just the fonts. Also trying to change the font style on the computer.
Ive tried playing around with this and found some basic options, but cant figure out how to make them applied.

*Changing the color schemes. I need a darker background on my computer screens, the bright white hurts my eyes. I cant find any optinos on W8 to do this.

*Changing my desktop background to a photo I can get online. I don't like the ones that came with the pc. Again, cannot find an option to do this.

*Screen size format. A lot of stuff I am seeing is just in a large square in the center of the screen. If I try to use ctrl and scroll my mouse to make it bigger, it just goes off to one side of the screen and gets fuzzy. I found the monitor/accessories thing, but I don't find options for different size screens like on XP and the other ones.

That's all I can think of now. Im sure I will have a lot more as I play around with this more.

Thanks guys!!

These seem like basic questions. I'll copy them and be like, "Hi, one of my internet friends wanted some help with these questions!" to my brother, and after he's done calling my a loser for having internet friends (which is quite rude, I have lots of personal friends), he'll answer them for me!

And if he doesn't I'll just black mail him and politely remind him that he desperately needs my help with his Anthropology term project. Everyone wins! 1blue1

I imagine he'll have near instant answers for all but the last issue, which is weird.

I can help you a bit but this will mean that I'll have to reinstall Windows 8 on one of my computers to assist you. I am a former employee from the IT Support Team at Microsoft Canada I was there when the Fiasco happened lol. I was trained by the inside with Microsoft Smile

ADDENDUM: Just noticed how old that thread was... but the offer still stand Smile

Jake Wrote:... former employee form the IT Support Team at Microsoft Canad ...

your offer could make you popular tho personally gotten past Microsoft a while back. Nice if you were with Apple in Canada. Some times a second opinion on osx/Linux would be nice.