Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casual Hookup/Body shame issues
I've been talking with this guy on OkCupid. He's cute, but I'm not that interested in starting a relationship. Neither is he. We've basically agreed to hook up, which I would like. I'm horny, and tired of being a V.

Thing is I'm pretty sure he's pretty strict about being with thin dudes. My pics make me look fairly decent in that department, but when I take of my shirt, it's kind of a mess (I've lost almost 100 Lbs in my life, but I've still got quite a bit of flab).

I don't think I've let anyone see me without a shirt on once I hit puberty. Should I be worried about this? I would very much like to have some sex, but I also would very much like to not be humiliated and end up hating myself more.

Should I tell him, or just not worry about it and see what happens?

Wade Wrote:I've been talking with this guy on OkCupid. He's cute, but I'm not that interested in starting a relationship. Neither is he. We've basically agreed to hook up, which I would like. I'm horny, and tired of being a V.

Thing is I'm pretty sure he's pretty strict about being with thin dudes. My pics make me look fairly decent in that department, but when I take of my shirt, it's kind of a mess (I've lost almost 100 Lbs in my life, but I've still got quite a bit of flab).

I don't think I've let anyone see me without a shirt on once I hit puberty. Should I be worried about this? I would very much like to have some sex, but I also would very much like to not be humiliated and end up hating myself more.

Should I tell him, or just not worry about it and see what happens?

Did you misrepresent yourself on okcupid? If so, I'd cut him loose and adjust your profile. If this is an issue for you than you need to be honest.

It's okay to be a little flabby, if this guy doesn't like it enough to not be with you, to he'll with him.

As the dude above said.

I met up with a guy who didnt have the greatest body (bit "flabby", and a scar too). But i sure As hell had a great time because he very cute, and sweet, and physically sensitIve.

Also. I dont have the greatest body myself. we cant be hypocritical and ridiculously picky and have unreasonable standards and still expect to get any.

It's not an issue, as long as you didn't misrepresent yourself on the profile.

When I first came out and was looking for sexy time I went to Grindr, like yourself, I was looking for simple hookups.

In my naivety the amount of deception I initially encountered took me off guard.

I went to a guys house and he looked nothing at all like the photo provided or the physical description he described.

Sexy time did not take place. I called him out on it and left.

Honesty goes a long way!

Why is it so common for people to lie about their age on grindr? Those that lie by a mere few years. I dated a guy last year who said on his grindr he was 29 then i found out after several dates that he was 36.

then he had the nerve to accuse me of acting like a kid when i questioned him about it. You lie about one thing and it makes me doubt anything else you say. And my doubt was proven justified after a few more dates.

I certainly did not represent myself. I just said I was a 6'2" muscular black man with a ten inch cock.... But that's who I feel like on the inside, so... That's not really lying, right?

I honestly don't think I did misrepresent anything. I put up a full body pic (shirt on) and in the body type section of the profile I put "a little extra." The other guy just kept asking me to put up more and more pics, I was starting to get nervous.

I never thought I'd look for casual sex. I've always assumed I'd have to trick someone into loving me through my personality before id let them see me naked.

yousir Wrote:Why is it so common for people to lie about their age on grindr? Those that lie by a mere few years. I dated a guy last year who said on his grindr he was 29 then i found out after several dates that he was 36.

then he had the nerve to accuse me of acting like a kid when i questioned him about it. You lie about one thing and it makes me doubt anything else you say. And my doubt was proven justified after a few more dates.

Lol, this is the one thing I did lie about on that site as well. I shaved off 5 years. I started dating from there and had to come clean. He didn't care. All the pics and description were recent and honest.

Wade Wrote:I honestly don't think I did misrepresent anything. I put up a full body pic (shirt on) and in the body type section of the profile I put "a little extra." The other guy just kept asking me to put up more and more pics, I was starting to get nervous.

I never thought I'd look for casual sex. I've always assumed I'd have to trick someone into loving me through my personality before id let them see me naked.
Hey, Wade, I think the real issue here is how you feel about yourself. (I say this having many of the same body issues you do on top of pushing 70!, LOL!!)

Not being you and knowing him or all the details, my suggestion is you meet the guy. Try to put your head into a space of accepting whatever the outcome may be. Being turned on sexually by another guy can be as simple as looks and it can be way more complicated, too, having to do with mood, degree of horniness, level of experience -- all sorts of things.

Before I go further, let me disclose that I'm not someone who has even been into hookups. I've had them on occasion but mostly not. Partly because of my own 'self image' issues, partly out of fear of rejection, partly out of just plain dumb fear of meeting strangers, and partly it just isn't "my thing" (so to say).

That disclosed, what I've seen is that if someone shows interest in me (and this guy has shown interest in you), there's a good chance this is going to go in a good direction. It is NOT a certainty, for sure, but that it isn't a certainty may only have a small part to do with what you "look like".

Getting sexually aroused by someone is "chemical" -- it has to do with triggering certain chemical responses in the brain of the other guy. Now, that's rather abstract but think about it. What turns you on? Is it *only* appearance? Chances are there are other qualities in men that excite you, too. Equally, there can be other qualities that turn off those 'make me horny' chemicals, too.

So... in my experience, how I'm feeling about myself has a lot to do with what can happen. If, for example, I'm feeling desperate on one hand yet fearful on the other, this is not a good head-set for me to be in when meeting someone for the first time. I'm very vulnerable to their reaction to me. I'm apt to take it personal in a way that, like you say, feeds my already established negative self image. Sometimes this is such a bad head space, EVEN IF, they want to get physical, I still end up feeling like they're doing me a favor or something (mercy fuck).

OTOH, if I'm feeling good about myself and am more in the head space of, "Oh, what the hell, lets do this and see what happens... it's totally ok if nothing beyond meeting this guy and feeling it out happens," then it truly doesn't matter. Plus I think this increases the chances that something will happen. I'm feeling at least somewhat confident and I've already let go of the outcome. What ever it is, it isn't a statement about "me". Its just "what happens" (nothing more nor less).

There's lots more to this but, baseline, my recommendation is you 'go with it'... just meet the guy with as much of an 'open to whatever' attitude as you can muster. Put your fragile self-worth to the side a bit. You can always come back to that later. For sure you'll probably feel nervous, that's normal (everyone does to some extent, I think), but just don't let it rule you. Let your curiosity (and horniness) have more of the center stage. If, sadly, nothing more than meeting happens, well, at least you gave it a shot, right? If, happily, you *both* feel like you want to take this a bit further and begin to touch one another, just let that take its course. That's when the REAL brain chemicals start exploding! Wink

Have fun, play safe!

I have extensive, ugly scarring on my shoulder, chest and hip. When I felt ready to become sexually active again (after nearly 2 years) I derailed myself by going into a hookup with a guy I'd just met at a club, and watching him recoil. What came out of his mouth was, Christ! Put your shirt back on...I walked on that one, and decided I'd never undress in front of anyone again without warning them first.

...and yeah, the guy was a bit of a dick...but I took all the negativity onto myself...self-disgust, self-loathing, guilt, blame stupidity...I beat myself up with all of the "...if only I had/hadn't...) for a long time, and it took me almost another year to even think about sex...

But, for every guy you meet who is only interested in a hot body, there's another who'll look at you and see a person. I think it's easier if you're dating and get to know someone a bit first...but if you just want to hookup right now, then maybe mentioning it in your profile...having lost so much weight is an incredible accomplishment, you could mention that in a positive way and then add that you're still dealing with over-stretched skin issues...

Damn, if you could lose 100lbs you can do anything!!

Pyromancer Wrote:......

Damn, if you could lose 100lbs you can do anything!!
This ^^^^

1000 times this
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.