Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 science jokes for nerds
LONDONER Wrote:I looked up Schrodinger’s cat on the Internet and I still don't understand it!

it's an analogy on the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics, that observation process collapses the wave function of the quantum entity (particle) and before then it is both wave and a particle at the same time. so, the cat is both dead and alive.

according to quantum mechanics a cat would be everywhere (in the bar, outside the bar, everywhere) simultaneously. the location would be a spectrum. ergo, it walks into the bar and doesn't walk into the bar at the same time. the stress is on 'and'. (although this is really an oversimplification, and there are other ways to look at it, but i digress from complicating it further. it's just a popular interpretative joke, after all).

P.S. see this thread, if you're interested:

https://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=36313
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Love the jokes, very clever, and some pretty smart people here too!

Graffiti: Heisenberg MAY have been here.

Three statisticians go out hunting, and spot a deer. One shoots, and his bullet goes three yards to the left. A second one fires, and his bullet goes three yards to the right. The third statistician jumps up and yells "We got him!"

Lex

meridannight Wrote:it's an analogy on the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics, that observation process collapses the wave function of the quantum entity (particle) and before then it is both wave and a particle at the same time. so, the cat is both dead and alive.

according to quantum mechanics a cat would be everywhere (in the bar, outside the bar, everywhere) simultaneously. the location would be a spectrum. ergo, it walks into the bar and doesn't walk into the bar at the same time. the stress is on 'and'. (although this is really an oversimplification, and there are other ways to look at it, but i digress from complicating it further. it's just a popular interpretative joke, after all).

P.S. see this thread, if you're interested:

https://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=36313

Thanks but I don't think that it is such an important factor of my life that I need to persue it.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams