Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
19 Questions for Hocus Pocus
I loved that movie as a child (and did all I could to see it as much as possible, over and over, while still out at the cinema), and I can still enjoy it today for nostalgia value. But these were some really good questions:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kellyschremph/19...wered-cw0e

One thing I like to do with fanfics is to answer the weird questions like these and I can already think of some (such as why they didn't turn the entire village into cats or make them dance, but just to be clear these reasons are my own invention rather than what I think the writers intended), though I have to admit the asking about a driver's permit might be too hard for me to answer. :tongue:

And yeah, I'd watch a sequel (or remake). :redface:

Ruined "Beaches" for me.

I would so love a sequel or remake! This was one of my favorite movies as a kid!

I liked that movie a lot as a kid.

But the whole thing with Binx being a cat unable to die permanently for 300 FUCKING YEARS just because he cared enough for his little sister to try to save her...and watching his family and whole community go away and assume him dead and being helpless to do anything about it, and inevitably helplessly watching them die...that fucks with me. I'm pretty sure most people don't think about it nearly as much as I did, but that's just such a horrifying fate to befall someone.

But yeah...flying on vacuum cleaners! Fuck yeah :biggrin:

I wish I had two other friends who would want to do this in drag for Halloween, I have always wanted to be Bette Midlers character!!!

MisterTinkles Wrote:I wish I had two other friends who would want to do this in drag for Halloween, I have always wanted to be Bette Midlers character!!!

I will be your Kathy Najimy.

Let's fucking do this.

1. Why didn’t Binx ever contact his parents after becoming a cat?
Well, for one, hexed animals can only speak to those who are open-minded (usually children) or slow witted.
Unless a hex or spell is directly placed on an adult, they usually dont work via other means.
Also, Binx could have been scared to go back for fear of being caught and burned as a "witches pawn from hell"

2. Why didn’t the Sanderson Sisters simply put a spell on the Salem townsfolk?
Spells of this magnitude take a lot of "power". They would have had to concoct a large enough spell, hex, or potion to support something as large as that.
The dance worked because it had music. Music tends to make people a little free-er and uninhibited, so a spell at the dance was super easy to distribute and maintain.
And yes, they would have had to have music to keep any spell like this going over a large amount of people, which they didnt have.

3. Or why not just turn everyone into a cat?
Again, it has to do with the power and spells they have. It takes a lot to change a living thing into another living thing. To turn everyone into a cat would have taken more time than they had.

4. What becomes of Winifred’s spell book?
Unless a spellbook is destroyed, which I dont believe it was, it reverts back to its hibernating status.
Some spellbooks transport themselves to their original hiding places.
Its been a while since Ive seen this movie, but I think the teenage girl kept the book.

5. Was Allison not a virgin?
Only her gynecologist knows for sure.

6. What was up with Emily?
She was a little girl scared of witches. Probably did not occur to her to run. I think she had a spell on her to keep her from moving.
Plus, I think they had an enchantment on the cabin so nobody could escape.
Even if she did try and escape, they would have caught her easily.

7. Why did Winnie resurrect her ex-boyfriend?
Girls always like the "bad boys". Even after death.
She thought she could use him to catch the kids, but didnt recon on his hate for her overpowering her witchcraft over him.

8. What exactly do children smell like?
According to the movie "The Witches", children smell like dogs droppings.

9. Why didn’t the sisters use their potion on another child?
Because the kids had dumped out the cauldron of potion, and there was only a small amount left.
It would have taken too long to make more.

10. Did Jay and ICE ever make it out of those huge bird cages?
Of course they did. But Im sure they were left there overnight to teach them a lesson.

11. Where were all the babysitters?
They were all bad parents, there were no babysitters.

12. How did Winnie know what a driver’s permit was?
They are witches, they pick up on things VERY quickly.
Plus, it was in the script.

13. How is Sarah’s hair curly in 1693, but straight in 1993?
I suppose the passage of time in limbo took the curl right out of her hair.

14. Did Max follow through with his deal with Dani?
Im sure he did. They wouldnt want to tempt a repeat of the witches showing up.

15. Why did the high school have a kiln/incinerator?
It was for art class, to dry out or "fire" pottery.

16. Will Max die young?
Only if he's good. As we all know "the good die young".
As for his lifeforce, unless its ALL removed, it doesnt count.

17. And finally…why wasn’t there a sequel?
Because the three women playing the witches would have had to been paid even more money, which Disney would have refused to pay.

18. Just…WHY?
Just told you why.

19. Who wouldn’t want to see more of this?
People who didnt like the movie, Im sure.

Any more stupid questions?

Miles Wrote:I will be your Kathy Najimy.

Let's fucking do this.

Awesome!

The street party they have here in Dallas, they block off the street and have a "runway" down the middle of the street.....I always wanted to do the three witches and bring a boombox and play that song while walking down the "runway".

"..into a world of darkness and magic~"

I love this movie! It was one of my favorties to watch around Halloween when they show it all the time Smile