Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 1
[quote=Jay]Taken from http://www.marcandangel.com/

Marc and Angel, a website that provides practical tips for productive living has compiled 365 questions to ask yourself. I think it would be fun to fill out these questions in this board.

Let's start with the first 30 questions. We'll continue with the rest of the questions in a different thread.

Question 1 - 30:

01. When was the last time you tried something new?

I ate oatmeal for the first time in my life last Monday...my lover has been bugging me for years to try it. I have an issue with consistency and I thought it was too mushy...I liked it.

02. Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?

Ripley in Aliens:biggrin:

03. What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say?

Dont sweat the small stuff

04. What gets you excited about life?

Hope and Love

05. What life lesson did you learn the hard way?

LOL...all of them. The hardest one was to stop smoking because it gave me a heart attack and three stents in my heart from my arteries blocked...I do not smoke anymore and haven't for years but this is a hard lesson to learn...I was lucky

06. What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?

Computerizing my business

07. Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know?

LOL...I ask ALOT of questions and never settle for what I know. I love learning about anything and everything...I am very curious.

08. Who do you love and what are you doing about it?

I love God and I love my lover and I do not take it for granted at all and show both I love them as often as possible.

09. What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?

LOL..where to start? Only one? Hmmm....I think there are lizard people amongst us.

10. What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago?

Forgive my parents

11. Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?

Strength...no doubt

12. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?

Hmmm..I am stumped. I think the answer is nothing because I don't mind being judged at all because I know it has nothing to do with me anyway. If someone is too negative I ignore them.

13. Do you celebrate the things you do have?

I am very grateful for the things I have and I never forget it...I am not referring to material things

14. What is the difference between living and existing?

The ability to give and receive love

15. If not now, then when?

Maybe the door isn't open so look for a window Wink

16. Have you done anything lately worth remembering?

Absolutely but too private for me to share

17. What does your joy look like today?

Love

18. Is it possible to lie without saying a word?

Yeah...to yourself

19. If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend?

I do not understand this question so I have to pass.

20. Which activities make you lose track of time?

Watching National Geographic or Discovery

21. If you had to teach something, what would you teach?

Sociology

22. What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?

[COLOR="red"]Not fully doing? Acheiving serenity and inner peace
Not fully being? True to myself
Not fully having? Unconditional Love for myself and someone else[/COLOR]

23. Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of?

Some but thankfully not all of my resentments. They will take the life out of you if you let them

24.When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most?

Serenity and Inner Peace but mostly I would want to joint the rest of my soul group if I was alone and done here.

25. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards and just do what you know is right?
Ideally all the time but definitely when something matters

26. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?

Three

27. Would you break the law to save a loved one?

Yes

28. What makes you smile?

Baby Animals and Baby Humans...Acts of Kindness

29. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
[COLOR="red"]
Thankfully...no[/COLOR]

30. If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be?

Be true to yourself...If you dont understand what that means commit to figuring it out asap.

Wow...I just read the answers eveyone else gave. I have a thing when I have something like this to do I wont' read what anyone else says til afterward. What I learned...you guys are all really interesting! Alot of great answers (and great quesions!)

East Wrote:[quote=Jay]01. When was the last time you tried something new?

I ate oatmeal for the first time in my life last Monday...my lover has been bugging me for years to try it. I have an issue with consistency and I thought it was too mushy...I liked it.

Congrats! :biggrin:

I eat oatmeal every morning and every chance I get since 2005. My friends said oatmeal looks like someone's puke. I rolled my eyes.

I used to eat my oatmeal with milk and bananas. Then I changed it to milk and raisins. Nowadays I eat my oatmeal with Milo (chocolate and malt powder) only. My friends suggested me to stop consuming milk and certain food whilst recovering from previous surgery.

Jay Wrote:[quote=East]

Congrats! :biggrin:

I eat oatmeal every morning and every chance I get since 2005. My friends said oatmeal looks like someone's puke. I rolled my eyes.

I used to eat my oatmeal with milk and bananas. Then I changed it to milk and raisins. Nowadays I eat my oatmeal with Milo (chocolate and malt powder) only. My friends suggested me to stop consuming milk and certain food whilst recovering from previous surgery.

LOL...I used to think it looked like puke too (well..I still do but I got past it:biggrinSmile I am a coward though because I picked the flavored oatmeals to eat and I use hot water instead of milk and added alot of cranberries...I eat cranberries with every salad I eat and always on my cereal too and I usually mix them with vegetables I steam. I buy them in bulk. The bad thing about the flavored ones is that they are processed and have ingredients I know to avoid...but I will move along past that when I am readyConfusedmile:.

Hi,
Here is mine:

Question 1 - 30:

I tried something new last week when i undertook a challenge to cook a loaf of bread on my own for the first time un aided

I dont compare to people i compare to myself

What goes around comes around

PAYDAY

My sexuality to be honest was a hard lesson to learn and how to cope..

Building my dreams not spending my money

settle

I love those i keep close and show it with respect

Being gay is not a phase

Not applicable

Strength it makes a man a true man

nothing

Nope

Existing is a figment we all do in a world of living

come again?

making bread

whats a joy?

Yes as body language says alot more than words

19. If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend?

forever

computers

The art of karma

id regret not keeping my pup at birth

nope

whether i piss myself or not

25. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards and just do what you know is right?

im lost

as old as i wanted to be

Yes

Stupid things like old ladies falling over on ice

come again?

30. If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be?

Its time to grow up and get life sorted

Just epic, I replied to all questions, then my father plugged the Internet down cause he wanted me to clean my room. Gotta have to rewrite it again Sad

I've recently tried to meditate some to cope with my depression.

Most people. you, my family, my friends, everyone i see.

If you would die tomorrow, how would you like to remember your life? Smile and thinking of all the good things you've gone or regretting all the stuff you have not done?

Hard question for me. I'm trying to live and love, and being thankful for all the things in the world, small as big. But in general there is not much that excites me, and I would like to change that.

Never say to much... Nor to little...

Just far away from bloody Eskilstuna.

I like to ask, even if I know the answer just to check if I am right.

My family and friends. I got no romance in my life but I still got people who care about me and I am trying to spend it as much time as I can with them.

The end will soon come... Not the end of the world but the end of our time here.

Seeing the beauty of things I did not before.

Neutral. Crying to me shows weakness, but for a strong big man who is so dependent of his big emotional wall that he has build, does it show strength to show him self weak and let it all out.

Obviously gotten out.

I believe that material goods are just things we are trying to fill our emotional vacuum in our soul that only love and inner peace can fill it with. We do not need a TV, computer, etc... We just need each other, and we should celebrate our existence instead of the goods we have.

Things exists, we live. Like a stone, you can see it and touch it, but it has no consciousness and does not move, meanwhile we move, eat, constantly trying to find a meaning in our lives.

To live is to love, to be happy with who you are and what you have, to exist is to be like the stone you walk on.

When will stones move and have feelings? Don't ask me :eek:

Walking in a snow covered woods. Sitting under a pine tree and only listen to the rhythm of nature.

My joy? Spending it with those I hold dear. Except from that not much.

Yes, to your self.

Not sure if I understood the question correctly. But I have a friend who I seem to have an unspoken bond between, although I don't have to say anything he understands me as if he was a part of my brain. We've been friends since junior high (Although we became rivals for a year).

Sitting by the computer or TV.

I bet Swedish cuisine :p

Not to forgive my self and never got in shape, or thin atleast.

Always.

A doctor or a nurse obviously.

The time when you have the courage not to be such a coward and change the way you live into your dream.

15. Although many thinks (Before I say how old I am) that I am 21, but it feels like I've been stuck in time ever since then.

Fuck the law, any time, any where.

People who is being nice to me Smile

No. I admit I don't do much, but I say less.

We need no politics, we need no money, we need no ruler. All we need is love
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

01. When was the last time you tried something new? - I started watching a series that I hadn't ever watched before, that's new to me. But if we're talking about "real" experiences, then I dunno. I guess getting my job a year ago as a security guard was trying something new.

02. Who do you sometimes compare yourself to? - I don't really make repeat comparisons.

03. What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say? - If you'd just tell them what you're planning...

04. What gets you excited about life? - The future

05. What life lesson did you learn the hard way? - Really think about how your actions and words may affect someone, because even if it wouldn't bother you, it could really hurt your relationship with someone else...

06. What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago? - Actually looking for a job and not being such a shithead to my family

07. Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know? - I ask questions but usually they're not all that important.

08. Who do you love and what are you doing about it? - I love my girlfriend and I'm trying to make it work by being who she wants me to be

09. What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree? - That a lot of religious concepts are created, not by any divine being, but by humans themselves.

10. What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago? - Show better self restraint when it comes to obsessing over doing something I want to do.

11. Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength? - Both, depending on the situation and what you're crying about. I think it's pretty weak for some people to cry on a whim in public just for attention, but if you're crying because you're happy or because you just lost someone terribly important to you for example, that's a sign of strength I think.

12. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? - Maybe sing more, but probably not because I hate my own voice. I'm the one judging it all of the time anyway.

13. Do you celebrate the things you do have? - I'm happy to have them, but I don't exactly understand what it means to "celebrate" the things I have.

14. What is the difference between living and existing? - Living is the notion that you're actively participating in your life, that you're seeking to better yourself or those around you. Existing is just falling through the routines and letting whatever happens, happen.

15. If not now, then when? - When I feel the time is right.

16. Have you done anything lately worth remembering? - Nah, but that's pretty much the usual.

17. What does your joy look like today? - Like my friends

18. Is it possible to lie without saying a word? - Absolutely

19. If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to
yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend? - Forevers

20. Which activities make you lose track of time? - World of Warcraft, reading, watching good shows, talking to certain people

21. If you had to teach something, what would you teach? - WRESTLING

22. What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life? - Don't know. There's some things I'd love to do or possess, but I don't put too much stock in it to feel like I'm gonna regret it later.

23. Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of? - I don't think so

24.When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most? - My friends and if I'm comfortable without being a burden on someone else.

25. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards and just do what you know is
right? - When you just know it. It's an inexplicable feeling.

26. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? - Based on how I look, probably a late teenager. Based on how I feel, probably in my 30's or 40's.

27. Would you break the law to save a loved one? - Sure

28. What makes you smile? - My girlfriend, wrestling, music, games, my friends

29. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? - Probably

30. If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be? - CM PUNK IS THE BEST WRESTLER IN THE WORLD

Tried some sushi for the first time last week.

I really don't compare myself to anyone that I can think of.

it gets better

the future

always tell people when you love them, you don't know when they'll be taken from you.

Dieting, exercise, and saving money.

I think I used to settle too much, but that's changing.

At the moment there is no romantic love in my life.

I don't know.

going vegetarian if I wanted too.

strength

I'd come out sooner.

Yes.

existingis just being, living is being active in your life.

soon

Been there for my friends.

No joy today.......just tired.

Yes.

On my good days, yes.....on my bad days, no. lol

surfin' the 'net and chatting with friends.

pre-school

a successful relationship with a partner

Not that I know of

My health

as soon as you know what "right" is.

Oh absolutely

hugs and kisses

No, I don't think so.

To love and respect each other in spite of your differences.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Jay Wrote:Taken from http://www.marcandangel.com/

Marc and Angel, a website that provides practical tips for productive living has compiled 365 questions to ask yourself. I think it would be fun to fill out these questions in this board.

Let's start with the first 30 questions. We'll continue with the rest of the questions in a different thread.

Question 1 - 30:

I'm not really sure

My hero SFC Jean Paul Lebroq

Be who you are

Right now, just living and learning

Don't Lie

PT

I didn't used to but I am getting much better at it

That's a complicated question

That I am who I am and I don't need to conform to anyone's ideas

Write a good NCOER

Both

Tell people I like men

I try to

Knowing who you are

As soon as possigle

Right now I am helping a soldier no one else wants to help

Not sure

Yes

Forever

Quite a few, examples, Cooking, Football, Shooting

US Revolutionary History

Learning about myself

Yes

Have I been who I want to be

Right Now

Don't Know

Absolutely with no equivocation

Many things

I don't know

Very Big question, I can't answer it right now

First run at the answers
Richard

Yesturday, I cooked something new that I newer done before.
hm...I think to nobody
I love you
new things
You can't make always everyone happy.
sex Laugh
I ask a lot of questions
my bf, my family and some precious friends and try to be as good as they think I'm.
There is nothing more important than life!
ther is no such thing
neither. It's something that belongs to life itself.
I have no regrets in my life!
Should i?
living is when you enjoy existing
maybe tomorrow
No, which is sad
to be with my family, cook something for them and laugh a lot
No. You can't lie to yourself.
forever
writing, drawing, sometimes working
cooking Confusedmile:
no
we will see...
die soon
It should be always
Yes
to see my darling trying to repair things Laugh
No
Don't be so selfish!