Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
365 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 2 (31-40)
365 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 2 (31 - 40)

Taken from http://www.marcandangel.com/

As suggested by PA, we just going to answer 10 questions per thread.

Question 31 - 40

31. If the average human lifespan was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
32. What do we all have in common besides our genes that makes us human?
33. If you could choose one book as a mandatory read for all high school students, which book would you choose?
34. Would you rather have less work or more work you actually enjoy doing?
35. What is important enough to go to war over?
36. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
37. When was the last time you listened to the sound of your own breathing?
38. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
39. What does ‘The American Dream’ mean to you? (Replace American with your nationality if you're not American)
40. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous Questions:

Part 1 (01 - 30)

http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?p=152526#post152526

31. If the average human lifespan was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
[COLOR="Red"]
Oddly enough I was always convinced I was going to die at any moment because all my friends died so I consciously told myself to do what I wanted to do and make it count all the time...so I guess in my case I would not do anything differently. [/COLOR]

EGO

33. If you could choose one book as a mandatory read for all high school students, which book would you choose?

Angela Davis..An Autobiography

More work that I enjoy

So many variables. I think WW2 was important enough to enter the war. Other than that I would need to evaluate it on alot of different levels

Never Trying...no question about it. You can learn so much from failure if you have the capacity for any kind of wisdom.

Today! I practice a quickie version of yoga when I get up

I am not afraid to think differently than the people around me and I am not afraid to speak my mind when I have ideas that differ from the norm

39. What does ‘The American Dream’ mean to you? (Replace American with your nationality if you're not American)

The pursuit of happiness...and equality....I love what Martin Luther King says on the subject and I agree with him and also his wife Coretta who referenced her husband's quote to include homophobia and equality......"We are all tied together in a single garment of destiny . . . I can never be what I ought to be until you are allowed to be what you ought to be," she said, quoting her husband. "I've always felt that homophobic attitudes and policies were unjust and unworthy of a free society and must be opposed by all Americans who believe in democracy," That was actually my signature here when I first joined

Neither but if I had to choose it would be the joyful simpleton because I suspect they would have the capacity and inclination to love more than the worried genius and "love" is the meaning of life in my opinion.

Jay! I am glad you only did 10 questions this time!Confusedmile:

I'm enjoying the opportunity to take a few minutes and reflect on these questions Jay, thanks for posting them.

Smile

I would have found a partner with whom I could share those precious few years. They go by SO FAST!

Self-awareness, according to Jung is the essence of the soul. Therefore, we're spiritual, even if we don't THINK we are (which sounds, ironically, very *unaware*). But we can also smile and laugh.

High school students still read books?
:tongue:

I have finally struck a nice balance between work and free time.

Basic human rights, life and liberty.

Never trying.

Just last night as I got congested.

I handle my money differently than most people.

39. What does ‘The American Dream’ mean to you? (Replace American with your
nationality if you're not American)

Oh, HARD QUESTION! I'm tempted to answer what I *think* it means to most Americans. But personally, I don't suffer from such delusions. I live in the REAL world.

I've thought about this a LOT. I'm totally a worried genius, and would much rather suffer a genuine smack in the face than an insincere pat on the back.

Cool

live twice as fast

a common environment

none; get a kindle. Now a days there are lots of sources of information so hope they choose one that works for them.

either way but the more work situation might have a longer run.

nothing at the moment, lets get over the last one. The US needs to last as long as say the UK.

both are bad, its the mix of both that works.

its a morning thingy for me

just being me

i want to keep thing together for a bit before they fall apart again.

worried genius (genius i am not) but seems the more stable situation, prone to less bad.

I'd stop being so afraid to put myself out there, and hopefully find someone to spend the rest of my 40 years with.

Conscious thought. We're the only species on the planet who are self aware of our actions.

Honestly someone needs to write a book on the thousands of career choices available and force highschool kids to read it. The worst part of high school was just figuring out what to do when you came out the other side. They'd probably keep more kids in school if they gave them a clue as to where they could end up instead of just forcing them to absorb information they're not sure how to apply.

More work that I enjoy doing. When I'm enjoying what I'm doing, time flies and I feel better about the day and what I accomplished.

Genocide and human rights. No group of people should have the right to wipe another out of existetence.

Depends on the situation. Courage lends itself to failing, so overall I'd say never trying is worse since I consider it more an act of cowardice.

Last night. I usually have a hard time breathing so when I'm laying in bed trying to get to sleep I listen to myself breathe to figure out whether the problem is in my nose or my lungs.

Dream and day dream. I usually force myself to daydream and craft giant complicated stories in my head. Carry them on for a while until I find a new inspiration to day dream about. I find it keeps my creativity flowing. Also I find that doing so helps my brain remember all the insane things I dream.

That we're all free to pursue our own bliss free of persecution.

Well the idiot has it easier, but I've never been one for the road most travelled. So I'd have to say worried genius.

365 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 2 (31 - 40)

Question 31 - 40

My life wouldnt be any different to now as this would seem the norm...

Our emotions i guess

Dont read books

more work

Nothing

Never trying

In hospital a while back

I behave like a grown child lol

Nothing

simpleton all the way

kindest regards

zeon x

31. If the average human lifespan was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? - No idea. I might be a little bit more in a rush to do things. More determined maybe.

32. What do we all have in common besides our genes that makes us human? - Insecurities.

33. If you could choose one book as a mandatory read for all high school students, which book would you choose? - No idea. Maybe Harry Potter and the Philosopher's (or Sorcerer's) Stone. I love that series to death, it's wonderful, and maybe reading the first book would be good enough to pull in more to read it.

34. Would you rather have less work or more work you actually enjoy doing? - Either would be fine. In the present condition, I'd rather have less work with better pay because I'm lazy and like being home. If I had my dream job, more work would be acceptable.

35. What is important enough to go to war over? - Stopping a dictator, saving lives. Genocide, etc...

36. Which is worse, failing or never trying? - Never trying is pretty bad because it leaves us with doubt and what if's. Failing sucks too though and could break your spirit.

37. When was the last time you listened to the sound of your own breathing? - Last night

38. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? - I'm a bit obsessive about some things. Not things like sports or something (I'm a WWE fanatic but that's not much different than a football fanatic), but in little things. I always have to fill out my profile everywhere I register at, every forum or website. I have to type in complete sentences with proper spelling and grammar, and I'm Bi. That in itself is different from most guys, as most guys are straight and some are gay, but very few are in between...and I really am in between.

39. What does ‘The American Dream’ mean to you? (Replace American with your nationality if you're not American) - IT MEANS DUSTY RHODES, CODY RHODES FATHER.

40. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? - Worried Genius. I don't really worry Big Grin

I would've spent more time traveling.

Our emotions

33. If you could choose one book as a mandatory read for all high school students, which book
would you choose?

Prayers for Bobby. It's a book about a mother who is a devout Catholic who has a gay son. She tries to get him into therapy and prays at church for his recovery, but refuses to see him until he's "normal".....depressed, he kills himself. She later becomes a gay rights activist.

Less work, but more money so i can travel. LOL

Civil rights.

Never tryinig, that will always leave you wondering "what if?"

I do that each night.

I don't think there's anything that I do differently.

39. What does ‘The American Dream’ mean to you? (Replace American with your nationality if
you're not American)

living comfortably and happily.

Joyful Simpleton
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Hard to tell. 1 thing is for sure that I wouldn't waste so much time in front of the computer Sad

Our struggle. It might be for a different cause but life is not easy.

Fred! 100 röster mot våld och krig (Peace! 100 reasons against violence and war)
[Image: 9171261478.jpg]

Less work.

Our freedom... of everything.

Never trying.

Pretty much always.

as there is 6 million people in the world (or more), there has to be many that does the same things as I.

I do not know if there is anything called the Swedish dream...

Joyful simpleton. I don't like being worried and depressed about most.
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

I probably wouldn't waste time trying to figure out what I'm going to do in the future. Id probably get more done each day.
Actions that we take, people share habits, personalities, a lot of things
The count of monte cristo, that's probably more college though, but it's really good.
34. Would you rather have less work or more work you actually enjoy doing? More work I enjoy doing.
Love haha
That's hard, never trying I guess, can't learn that way
All the time
I've got standards I like to live by. Most people don't follow the ones I do but i think it makes me a stronger more respectable person. Im probably wrong though.
39. What does ‘The American Dream’ mean to you? (Replace American with your nationality if you're not American) nothing, there is no American dream. It's warped and I don't think it's something that is taken with thought anymore
Joyful simpleton