Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Daz n other Auzzies
[Image: 994995_10203027471593463_892180020_n.jpg]

yes.........eeeehhhhhh

you will have to explain this one to me (I got punching sharks and wearing pantyhose9 but this one I don't get......then again I'm not lucky enough to be Australian

southbiochem Wrote:yes.........eeeehhhhhh

you will have to explain this one to me (I got punching sharks and wearing pantyhose9 but this one I don't get......then again I'm not lucky enough to be Australian

Can't tell you, we would have to kill you if we did Wink

southbiochem Wrote:yes.........eeeehhhhhh

"Putting a shrimp/prawn on the Barbie" is a term for putting more food on the barbecue. Or so I have been told.

HA HA Daz!!! Cant touch me!!! Poke2

'Barbie' while meaning the Doll 'Barbie', is also Aussie slang for a Barbeque or BBQ as we also call it, and we also love our Seafood as it is a meal that can be eaten cold with salad on those hot days when cooking is not desirable.

Our Australian Tradition christmas dinner is Prawns, bugs, Crab and lobster and the meat that you guys have HOT we have COLD...chicken, turkey and Ham.

Don't know what a bug is?

The Morten Bay Bug is on the left and is common in Sout East Queensland, on the right is the Balmain Bug which common in Sydney. Similar to a lobster, but their flesh is sweeter and more desired than Lobster.
[Image: balmain-bug-moreton-bay-bug-crustaceans1.JPG]

uh huh......barbie........got it......all that cold food sounds pretty good to me..

see here we just butcher the animal and flame it....never had a fun nickname for barbecues.....then again we are the probably the most serious and boring people from Latin America....*sigh*

uh huh......barbie........got it......all that cold food sounds pretty good to me..

see here we just butcher the animal and flame it....never had a fun nickname for barbecues.....then again we are the probably the most serious and boring people from Latin America....*sigh*