Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Majority of Gay Couples Have 'Arrangements' For Outside Sex
"According to a study by the University of Michigan, a slight majority of gay couples—57 percent—have “ground rules” like theirs that lay out the guidelines for sexual behavior with others, including provisions for acceptable sex acts, honesty about encounters, and when they need to use protection like condoms. But, the study finds, too often agreements about how to handle sex outside of a relationship go loosely defined or develop without a real conversation to settle the terms, which may then fuel the spread of HIV."

I am not able to post the link but the story is at the hivplusmag website.

Yeah, my BF and I have ground rules for sexual encounters outside of our relationship --- JUST SAY NO!!

I don't doubt that 57% of couples could have ground rules for how their relationship works.

I seriously doubt that 100% of that 57% have rules about sexual encounters outside the relationship. As King of C says, just say no.

The majority of people in a relationship (str8 or otherwise) have a ground rule that says if you cheat on me, our relationship is over.

ObW
X

Our ground rule is if it happens to be honest about it.

I can handle if he had sex with someone else...I can't handle lying about it.

Same here. I have been nearly 9 years with my dude and at the beginning of our relationship we had ground rules for our open relationship. But after few years, we both have decided that we were not meant to have an open relationship because honestly it was boring for the third wheel. He was not allowed to kiss either me or Alex and he was not allowed to penetrate either of us. So we just came to the conclusion that Alex and I were too much into one another to let someone comes in between us. So for the last 5 years it has been us and us alone and I love it that way and so does my baby.

Gideon and I are very much, very emphatically monogamous. We both have made it clear to the other that we can't deal with the alternative.

To be honest? I lost the urge to screw others besides him within the first year of our relationship.

I can't imagine ever being in an open relationship. Not my style....but different strokes for different folks.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I believe it - so long as "don't ask don't tell" is included.

Previously, I've only had monogamous relationships but I'd be open to a triad or something similar if we all loved and respected one another. I almost got into one 10 years ago but was afraid to try it as it was a new idea to me.

Just old school I guess, but if you are commited to someone why would you need anyone else? I guess I just don't understand the logic if there is any, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]