Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A common sense guide to tech courtesy
Some peope really need this:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-33620_3-576191...newsletter

Mister TInkles' Guide to Tech Manners:

If you dont have any, stay home.

Last month (or was it the month before?) I was out to a restaurant for dinner with my niece and her uncle (my ex). Both of them have those iphone thingies and less than 5 minutes into the dinner they were both nose deep on their phones pretty much forgetting their social table manners. spent a whole supper with their phones.

Sadder still, as soon as we got the niece home she ran to her her laptop computer and started surfing Facebook because all the time on Facebook whilst at a restaurant was just not enough.

A couple weeks ago I was at the grocery store and this woman was pushing her cart, crying, moaning, sobbing whilst having this really, really horrible break up conversation with her telephone. Man that phone was a total prick, loudly calling her all sorts of thing... Wait no it wasn't the phone, it was the person she was having a conference call with because I guess she has to share her break up with the rest of us instead of holding the phone to her ear and sobbing silently... Or better yet, leaving the store and going out to her car?

I guess my problem is I am a product of an earlier era, an era when the telephone hung on a wall or was staunchly tied down in your house to where you could keep your dirty technophile habits out of view of the public.

This was back in the day and age when reading a book in public was frowned upon as being antisocial... Never mind that you are dinning out alone... Reading while eating was just considered 'bad manners'... Today I guess its ok, as long as your book is made of plastic, lights up and loudly beeps, pings and makes all sorts of hideous noises.

Phones are communication devices......PERIOD.

They are not public forums for you to be airing your "private" matters that NOBODY wants to hear!

I tell these people to shut up or go back home, and I get in reply "Im having a PRIVATE conversation"!

NO YOU ARE NOT!!!

And I reply to them......"IF EVERYBODY ON THE FUCKING PLANET CAN HEAR WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, THEN IT IS NOT PRIVATE"!!!

They usually get really embarrassed and leave.

A few years ago, I was on the public bus, and this dumb assed bitch was in the back of the bus, on her phone....LOUDLY applying for cable TV. She was giving out her social security number, her phone number, her address, and some other information to EVERYBODY on the bus!!!

I dont pray, but I prayed then that this dumb assed, brain dead bitch got her life hacked and stole from that.

If you are going to AIR your business in public, then you have made your business everybody elses business.