Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A hate crime in Latvia.
A few days ago a terrible hate crime happened in my country. Unfortunately, there are no news articles in English that I could find, but basically, a gay man had flammable liquid poured over him and set on fire. He has almost 100% body burns and is currently in the ICU, fighting for his life. His boyfriend who tried to put the fire out also got severe burns and is also in the hospital. This happened after several threats of killing them were made to the couple that police refused to investigate as they saw no reason to do so. Now they have started an investigation, but it's going way too slow. 

Please, take a moment to pray for the recovery of these young men who haven't done anything wrong other than being together.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Tjemka88's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

That’s awful. I hope they both recover and this incident promotes rights more than intolerance.
[-] The following 1 member Likes IanSaysHi's post:
  • Tjemka88

Oh god, how awful. Sending love and hugs to these men and their families.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • Tjemka88

That is atrocious. It makes you feel sad and disgusted this still happens. Regardless of how much I hated someone I would never think of setting fire to them. There are some really fucked up people out there. Ignorant and dangerous people. 

My thoughts go out to them both.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Cridders88's post:
  • Tjemka88

Hi Tjemka,

Shocked and horrified that this sort of atrocity could happen anywhere... let alone in a European country in 2021. Hope the victims recover ok and the evil assailants are brought to justice.
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.
[-] The following 1 member Likes andy's post:
  • Tjemka88

Very sad, it will be a long road to recovery for the victims. I do also hope the scumbags who did it are brought to justice...

Not familiar at all with Latavia and did search for the news article. @Tjemka88 Perhaps Google Translate would work well enough on the articles?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • Tjemka88

(04-26-2021, 12:29 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Very sad, it will be a long road to recovery for the victims. I do also hope the scumbags who did it are brought to justice...

Not familiar at all with Latavia and did search for the news article. @Tjemka88 Perhaps Google Translate would work well enough on the articles?

I found one in English, hopefully, it opens for you. https://eng.lsm.lv/article/society/crime...e.a401895/
[-] The following 1 member Likes Tjemka88's post:
  • Bookworm

Also, the Latvian LGBT community is outraged about the police's response who obviously see nothing criminal about this matter and had even tried putting it off as a suicide. That's why I highly doubt somebody will be punished, our cops are corrupt, dirty, prone to bribes. I'm ashamed to be Latvian.

Im-very-sorry-smiley   Best wishes for this couple's healing. It is so sad that something like this has to happen to create culture change. I hope you find the ability to lift Latvia up as deserving tolerance and well being instead of the pain of its guilt.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
[-] The following 1 member Likes ChadCoxRox's post:
  • Tjemka88

This is a sickening thing for someone to do to another human being. And for what, just being gay?
I don't use the word evil much but that's exactly what this is.

The Police should also be held accountable for failing to investigate the threats in the first place.

I can see in the article that it reached the eyes of the Latvian President via Twitter, so let's hope something is actually done about it and the perpetrators are brought to swift justice. As a member of the EU now this will have been noticed in Brussels too.
If the Police really are as corrupt as you say there @Tjemka88 then hopefully this added scrutiny will help in some positive way.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bookworm's post:
  • Tjemka88