Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A pagan manifesto
I am a Fein------this is my pagan manifesto

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope all human beings are really pagans at heart. Pagans do believe in God. I was raised as a fein, my ancestors built newgrange in Ireland over 7000 years ago. Some bizarre religions claim the planet is newer than that. It is important to remember that God did not walk through local zoos throwing 2 animals into cages. I believe in the evolution of both God and the universe. We have an easy theology to remember. God is. At that point I will touch your mouth gently and tell you to say no more. If you say more, you are just trying to show how ignorant you are.

The matter and energy in your body was created 14 billion years ago as part of the creation. Since we are all the same age we believe in the equality of everything created.

We believe God is imperfect since He could not live alone. A perfect God would never have wasted his time creating the universe. He would simply have worshipped Himself. God created time when he started to wonder about the wisdom of being alone. God became aware that time was passing when he started to think. The first act of creation was time.

After the passage of some time, God realized he had made a mess. He looked at the mess and decided to love it as well as He loved Himself. He decided to call it The Universe since it too was One like Himself.

He studied the universe and decided to make galaxies. He studied the galaxies and decided to make solar systems.

God has studied the universe from creation to this very second. He continually shapes and reshapes the universe trying to make it better.

Recent photographs from the Hubble telescope reveal that he is still making galaxies larger and more beautiful.

God makes his decisions based on his own free will. To lighten His load He gave us free will and we should learn to use it. All major religions claim that man has free will. If that is their belief then why do they make so many restrictions.

They could prove their belief in God by simply telling men to act in accordance with conscience and free will. God has placed no restrictions on either. Why do all religions constantly promote restrictions on every thought, word or deed.

The religions of this world obviously don't believe in God. They believe only in themselves. They lie and pretend to be men of God and then do whatever they want.

Some day men must remove the blasphemy of religion and unite all men of conscience. Only then can we say we are acting in accordance with free will.. Until then we act in accordance with the brainwashing of religions, ideologies, and national or ethnic bigotries,

The mind is it's own place and can make a heaven of hell or a hell of heaven. Currently we are turning our planet into hell. As an act of free will we could turn our planet into heaven.

We and only we can decide our fate as men of free will. A pagan is a man of free will and conscience. As a fein I am a member of the oldest pagan civilization on this planet.

A pagan's prayer. Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
Religions pretend to own God. Christians pretend to own Jesus. As a pagan I accept all the teachings of Jesus Christ to improve my conscience and behavior.,

If I could imagine any god as a real, pre-existant or eternal being I could cope with he/she/it fitting such a description.. Thankfully I have no imagination Wink

I think it's about the best expression of an ideology I've ever read.

The question I have, and which really bugs me, is whether God is conscious or not. I have this idea that he wasn't conscious, but is becoming more so as time passes. I think Carl Jung said this about a particular part of the bible. He said things had changed due to God's dawning consciousness. I have got a feeling this was in a response to Job, though it might have been somewhere else.

I see things pretty much the way you explain them, though I think everything is God, including ourselves. He can't be separated out from matter, or out of any one individual. Basically, he is just everything.

ToddYoung Wrote:... I think everything is God, including ourselves. He can't be separated out from matter, or out of any one individual. Basically, he is just everything.
It's this kind of concept I find so confusing. If god is everything does that make him anything? If god is everything what's the point of god?

Derek:
I still plan to vote for you in 2012 for President. If you tell me you have no imagination I will assume you are a homophobic right-wing conservative. You could still lose my vote.

ToddYoung;
After being God for 14 billion years I think He has gotten a lot better at being God,. The new Hubble pictures show an incredible new galaxy which was made up from maybe 50 to 100 old galaxies. Original galaxies like ours are mostly pinwheels, When galaxies collide they keep making more fantastic shapes.. I also think God started off knowing nothing but himself and since the start of creation he is still playing with various shapes and configurations, He doesn't like something he crushes it down and it becomes a black hole.
As a pagan God doesn't need me---I try to figure out of I need God to help form my conscience or free will. As a pagan I look for people who are good role models for behavior and conscience. As a kid I thought Jesus was a good role model. I have no idea if Jesus was God, or the son of God. If Jesus is the son of God, then I too am a son of god just like 3 billions others are and I have 3 billion sisters who are the daughters of God,.As my pagan mom would say, God doesn't call and ask questions about our family we don't ask God about his family. With about gazillion, trillion, planets he could have a really big family in the universe.
John, does God know ToddYoung? If God wants to know you of course he can. Question: why does God need to now you? You would have to incredibly important to catch his attention. He has a lot going on besides us. Does God love us? Of course he does, he loves the entire universe and everything in it. You are part of the universe. Meanwhile you don't need God to get into heaven or hell. When you die as a pagan you are the only one who will know if you acted with conscience. You will have to decide truthfully since the world is designed truthfully, You will decide whether you go to heaven or hell. God may witness but he is not a judge or a court reporter or a bailiff. You will make the decision. Like everyone else I commit a lot of stupid sins and I have to as myself can I be forgiven for what I did? This is a helluva question. The reason people prefer religion it is is easier than being pagan... A religious guy can say I jerked off and I must say 10 hail marys. At 12 my parents asked me if I got excited looking at girls or boys.. I said mostly boys but sometimes I like tomboys. At 14 they asked if I had masturbated I simply nooded yes.---bit embarrassing---do you think masturbation is a sin and I said no. My male genitals are attached to my body and jerking off felt pretty good. On the other hand I have no right to jerk anyone else off without their permission. No permission I committed some type of sexual assault.. Like a lot of guys, jerking off brings a grin to my face lol.
Sexuality is the easiest thing about paganism. Did I hurt you or did I hurt me I guess I've been a good boy since nothing ever got to strange to be sinful. Other stuff is far more difficult. I sell you a car worth 3K, but I lie and get you to pay 6K. As a pagan I have to return 3K to you.. Then again I don't give a shit about taxes and sometimes I have failed to file returns and I don't think it is great sin since everybody commits that sin, To any IRS agents who read thiis BITE ME-I dare you to make all waiters and cab drivers feel guilty about declaring.. Again If I screw someone poor the greater my sin becomes. Currently I think
guys on Wall St should be shot. They are stealing too much money from our economy. Again this is why I hate religion and laws. I wish those bastards would show some signs of being fare to other taxpayers.. We all know the bastards at Goldmann Sachs are thieves. They told everyone to go long on real estate while they went short on real estate. Congressmen groaned and made faces. It is legal to go long or short on a market but they deliberately lied to increase their profits. They may not go to jail but I hope they go to hell. They better not ask my opinion.
As a pagan I always have to figure out my own set of ethics. Sometimes judges and proests are helpful. The fact remains if you deserve hell that is what you will get. You may think I will just lie and go to heaven. At that point Todd I think you will meet God or a representative and get punched into hell without your permission, A pagan has to try to think like god since we all have free will and a conscience.

marshlander Wrote:It's this kind of concept I find so confusing. If god is everything does that make him anything? If god is everything what's the point of god?

God is at the center of everything. As a small child my mom said god was at the center of a lump of coal. She fetched one and turned out the lights. She turned a flashlight on the lump and I saw the lump sparkle. She said that was God looking back at me.

At the moment of creation the universe consisted only of matter. Somehow God caused the matter to erupt, it did not explode. Explosion leave a signature but the univere has no signature it appears completely randomly created. It is as if God ejaculated the universe into existence. Male ejaculations are always at random. No 2 are ever alike.

Every fluff of matter in the universe wants to become energy of its own free will. When matter heats up it becomes energy. Eventually it cools and loses all radiation and returns to matter at absolute zero. When enough matter gets together there will often be collisions at random. A pagan does not believe in predestination. Things simply happen and the process repeats itself at random. As an act of free will I can detonate a nuclear warhead and cause lots of matter to take the plunge and become energy.

God is everywhere, God is at the center of the whole wide world. He is in you and PA and Joseph. Trust me, look and some times you'll see God sparkle at you from PA's eyes.. God is the universe and he is the truth of the universe. A pagan can never deny the underlying truth of science. I am offended when politicians and voters teach creationism in our schools. God is evolving. The universe is evolving. Our human species is still evolving. You have no right to believe you will still be trapped in a body made of matter in the future. We will probably evolve to energy life forms in the future. That is why people want to get to the center of our galaxy. Whatever is there is billions of years ahead of us.. Entire solar systems may be living organisms that can think.

The energy of thought changes with size of the brain? Not necessarily true. The intelligence of insects is definitely not contained within any one insect. A queen bee does not have a brain capable of building a beehive. But a swarm of bees does have the ability.

The planet earth may already be ready to reach consciousness. God help us if it doesn't like our behavior. We have a super volcano under Yosemite. If the planet felt annoyed it could release 35,000 cubic miles of lava at us. By the way that volcano is running late like the rest of North American fault lines. I recently felt 2 earthquakes in NJ. That was not supposed to happen since east coast sits on solid bed rock several miles deep. Apparently no one told the planet it was being naughty.

Yosemite goes off every 2 million years. We are well beyond the 2 million year mark. In Chicago the smoldering ash will be over 300 ft deep. Old song; San Andreas fault is connected to the Cascades, the Cascade are connected to Yosemite, Yosemite is connected to the Mississippi schist, all praise the name of the lord.

Everything is connected, horoscopes, physics, astronomy, the occult. Everyone is talking about the same things. And each have a lot of truth going for them.

If you like stories of the occult I am your man. I had open heart surgery in 2008, I woke up from anesthetic feeling fine. I said Hello Tom---I thought you were dead---Tom smiled and said John I am dead----I said Tom, am I dead---he said You are very much alive, The doctor said there were no infections, no complications of any kind. John you will get well soon---I said thanks for coming to see me Tom---Tom said I'll come back and check up on you. I was relieved and fell back asleep. Later I woke with unbearable pain--a nurse said Mr Marren you seem to be awake. The doctor said there were no infections, no complications of any kind. I groaned Tom just told me that. She stared and said who is Tom. I said the guy who was just standing where you are. She said there was no one in the recovery room---do you know what hospital you are in ---I said Tom forgot to tell me. I laugh everytime thinking of that----a friend said did you see a ghost John---I have no idea. It was definitely the best ghost they could have sent me after my surgery.

I am very glad I never wanted to be an atheist. When you consider all the wonderful people you could meet in heaven, atheism sounds worse than hell. Doesn't anybody at GS want to meet the first 2 guys that ever had sex together. Hey tell us. How did you 2 guys ever figure it out if nobody suggested gay sex to you. I for one would love to take notes. I would have all eternity to fool around in. The thought of heaven with tens of millions of gays is simply irresistible. We're so fine there's no telling where the money went.

Pagans are allowed to discuss whatever we feel. We have free will.

You haven't convinced me, but you are the first person who has ever made me think I might want to think again. Thanks, John, you make me smile Smile

ee god your clever and lovly giloly.