Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quest (question rather)
For a friend who's been asking:

Does anyone know of a film about a world in which gay people are in the majority??? The film is set in the USA, apparently. It may have been discussed recently (within the last two months, probably). Can anyone help??? I don't know how to look for this. :confused:

PA

I thought I read something about this somewhere too.

will do some research for ya.

here is one site that might help... IGMDb

Yer I read about a book like this...
Sounds interesting, if not a little depressing.

fjp999 Wrote:I thought I read something about this somewhere too.

will do some research for ya.

here is one site that might help... IGMDb

Is it an easy-to-use site, Frank, or will I need some coaching from you??? Thanks for posting this address anyway, we'll have a look.

I don't know if I agree with Wilem that it would be depressing, but the initial postulation is interesting, to say the least.

Let's see how WE would view the world if the majority was gay rather than straight... Space here for our science fiction writers...

XRIMO, feel inspired???

I found it (maybe)...

Is it called: Almost Normal (2005)?

Quote:What would you do if suddenly your world was turned upside-down, and everyone straight was gay? What if everyone had parental partners to breed with and married same sex individuals? Brad wakes up from a car accident to find out that this has happened. He's also magically transported back to the past -- back to high school. Does he marry the guy of his dreams? What happened to his girl that he was best friends with? Watch and see.

The underlying plot of this movie isn't about gay or straight, it’s about being different and how society can scorn those who are. Respecting the rights of others, whether gay or straight, is something we should all strive to do - and that's what this movie is all about.

I am downloading it now (illegal of course)... if anyone wants a link to it let me know.

hope this is it,
frank

p.s. Yes, Wilem, dont understand why depressing. Why would you think that?

p.p.s. IGMDb seems pretty easy to navigate. It is pretty small and doesnt even have Almost Normal in a search??? I think they are looking for staff to help put up more movies and reviews... IMDB is THE site for film searching and does have Almost Normal here: Almost Normal (2005)

p.p.p.s. off for my nappy

well done on the find fjp!!

Might have to seek it out myself and see what its like.

fjp999 Wrote:p.s. Yes, Wilem, dont understand why depressing. Why would you think that?
COZ
You just know It'd be this big thing about straights being outcast and discriminated against, obviously striking at the parallel in our society, which is just something I don't want to have to think about.

OR it could be a big thing about equality, which I know is something that can never happen. Again not wanting to think about.

ORRR It could be badly executed. A stab at being profound which just ends up atacking at the obvious. Possibly the worst possibility.

Wilem Wrote:...
ORRR It could be badly executed. A stab at being profound which just ends up atacking at the obvious. Possibly the worst possibility.

Like most comedies, it'll be a stab at looking at things from a new perspective and finding amusement in the discrepancies...

Are you saying that that's good or bad?
I'm ill and confused. Pity me.

Wilem Wrote:Are you saying that that's good or bad?
I'm ill and confused. Pity me.
Hmm, why can't most things just "be"? Don't we get into SO much trouble when we try to impose judgements based on rather dubious perceptions of value ? Rolleyes