Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A slightly embarrassing incident
In hospital recently lunch was served but the head nurse, very obviously rushed, came over to me to test my blood sugar.  He sterilised a finger and said: "Don't eat anything, I'll be back immediately".  At that point another nurse chimed in and asked if he wanted her to do it?  "Yes, OK, middle finger, left hand, it's sterilised."  I, tryimg to be helpful, curled all but the middle finger of my left hand over my palm and extended my hand to the nurse.  Fortunately she realised what was my intention and took it in good part.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams
[-] The following 3 members Like LONDONER's post:
  • , andy, eastofeden

? ? ? Well this made me smile, thank you for that

Ooops!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

And what are you doing in hospital, Londoner?

Also, I might ask what is you latest A1c?

Hope all is well.
I bid NO Trump!

(06-29-2020, 03:14 AM)LJay Wrote: And what are you doing in hospital, Londoner?

Also, I might ask what is you latest A1c?

Hope all is well.
Sorry LJay, this is not the place to talk about my hospitalisation or at least, I dont want to.  What is A1c?

Just hope you are doing well . I value your posts and hope to hear from you often.

A1c is a measurement of blood sugar which gives an average reading over the previous three months.
I bid NO Trump!

(06-29-2020, 11:36 PM)LJay Wrote: Just hope you are doing well .  I value your posts and hope to hear from you often.

A1c is a measurement of blood sugar which gives an average reading over the previous three months.

Thanks LJay and thanks for your interest.  Just had a a blood test and waiting for the results but my blood sugar  is very much under control through diet and exercise.  Nothing to worry about.