Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A visit to Prague (by request)
princealbertofb Wrote:That's why I mentioned the overdose, Londoner.... I find that the British do their own kind of music very well too.... I don't know if that's being nationalistic.

It's ridiculous and insular to think that only the British can only interpret British music. I have heard plenty of foreign conductors give extemely good performances. Unfortunately I don't remember his name but I once heard a Japanese conductor give an absolutely heart rending performance of Elgar's "Inrtroduction and Allegro". The only reason I brought up the subject was because it would have been interesting to have gone to a concert of Czech music played by Czech musicians, even more so if they had been tortured by havinbg to play Vivalidi over and over again. To play Janáček would have been a relief to them and I could imagine them putting their heart and soul in to it.

I think I should report the concert organisers to the European Court of Justice for a breach of human rights!!!

Lol, Londoner, maybe you should.
I didn't mean by my comment that the British played their music better, but I would say that they market it well in their own country. They explore the richness of it, they give it concerts for all to hear. British music isn't played so often here in France, hence the comment which basically meant that if a country can market its musical heritage to the composers' advantage, that's all good by me.
I wonder what Luxemburg has to contribute?
(Purcell, and Haendel seem to be favourites in France)

Nick9 Wrote:the Mucha exibition has been prolonged till September Wink maybe we can find a nice concert for you too.

Btw. You didn't have a free ride to the airport, the ticket you had validated in the subway was still valid.

II would love to return in September when there wouldn't be quite so many tourists, but I am not sure that I can make it then. I have to be in London in October and I have to watch my carbon footprint (in spite of all the trees I have planted)

Thanks for letting me know about the bus ride. I have no reason to feel guilty now.