Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A visit to Prague (by request)
Finished at last!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

princealbertofb Wrote:Was the hotel really fancy?

I've stayed in many five star hotels in my life, especially when I was working in tourism, and this hotel was definitely not in that category. Look at the very last photo that I've posted. The decor was all brown!

Thank you for taking the time to share your story, Londoner Smile

Can you believe that it has been years since I strolled thought the Old Town? I always go from somewhere to somewhere else and I am usually in a hurry. Maybe it's time to have a date and play a tourist Smile

The post number 1, the last photo. We had been talking about that place a bit in the past:
http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=20231

You can see on your picture that there is a little park - no building, although the plot must cost fortune and I believe some companies would pay that and more to build a hotel or something there.

Pictures of the Wenceslas square:

[Image: 248202-top_foto1-w0r2g.jpg]
(with the National Museum)

the view from the Museum:
[Image: 934901_136699_vaclavak_uklid.jpg]

and the monument of the St. Wenceslas
[Image: 000000f18_efa991]

To tell the truth is is quite an ordinary square LOL. Hotels, shops, restaurants, banks, nothing fancy.

The Old Town Square where you were and where the Parizska street leads (yes it's Paris street), is much nicer and the buildings are older.

A beautiful, beautiful city. You are lucky, Nick...Wink

They do bring back memories and tell me that I should take my sweetheart to visit there again. I love the one of the rooster weather vane on the rooftop of the cathedral.

LOL, the vintage cars... I believe they all are really old and they are probably owned by one company that indeed uses them for tourist tours. You can also take a carriage, something I've always wanted to try - to enjoy the slow ride through the old streets.

another lol about the Arabic glass Big Grin
Do you mean this?
[Image: 2-528c9768220bcc0db872236318bc6cb0.jpg]

[Image: P.Hartl%20Brouseni%20skla.jpg]

It's hand cut glass.

princealbertofb Wrote:A beautiful, beautiful city. You are lucky, Nick...Wink

I am, in many ways Wink

I admit every time I see the Prague Castle, I need to take a deep breath. I love the city. Now, I only work there and live in another town, but I will always belong there.

Nick9 Wrote:Thank you for taking the time to share your story, Londoner Smile

Can you believe that it has been years since I strolled thought the Old Town? I always go from somewhere to somewhere else and I am usually in a hurry. Maybe it's time to have a date and play a tourist Smile

The post number 1, the last photo. We had been talking about that place a bit in the past:

You can see on your picture that there is a little park - no building, although the plot must cost fortune and I believe some companies would pay that and more to build a hotel or something there.

To tell the truth is is quite an ordinary square LOL. Hotels, shops, restaurants, banks, nothing fancy.

The Old Town Square where you were and where the Parizska street leads (yes it's Paris street), is much nicer and the buildings are older.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Oh, I boobed. So it was not Wenceslas Square. Silly me./FONT]

Nick9 Wrote:Thank you for taking the time to share your story, Londoner Smile

Oh, I boobed. So it was not Wenceslas Square. Silly me. And I walked the length of Wenceslas Square on the way to the Conference Centre. Thanks for putting me right.

LONDONER Wrote:Oh, I boobed. So it was not Wenceslas Square. Silly me. And I walked the length of Wenceslas Square on the way to the Conference Centre

Smile so you have seen them both. That's really ok, no problem.
Look at me, I will NEVER remember the name of the square in English :redface: I have to always google it. Silly ME Wink