Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A who's who of those who died in 2016
https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/final-...33556.html

There's still one day of the year to go
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Hmmmm how about all the people in Syria and those people In Nice and Berlin?

artyboy Wrote:Hmmmm how about all the people in Syria and those people In Nice and Berlin?

They should of of course be included but they couldn't be named individually.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

What I find remarkable is that it isn't just international celebrities, or celebrities from the US/UK that aren't internationally known.

Also nationally, here in Germany, a lot of national celebrities died this year, some of them very young. Singers, TV hosts, actors....

it is almost as if the soundtrack of the 80's died this year

I took Bowie and Princes deaths the hardest. My own father passed away in October last year and due to the fact that he was estranged that had less of an impact on me than Bowie's death.

I remember watching the film clip for 'Boys Keep Swinging' and soon after 'Ashes to Ashes' and becoming hooked on Bowie in about 1979-80 and from there I started back cataloguing his big black CD's (Vinyl LPs).

Bowie and his music played a significant role in my first love when I was 12 years old. I fell pretty hard for a boy in my class, it was the first year of high school. My favourite song was 'Heroes' and he found out and not only played it for me, he learned the lyrics and he sang it to me. So that song alone played a significant role in shaping who I am and my mindset.

As a teen I became obsessed with Bowie, I still have a 480 page scrap book of clippings and photos from the 80's and early 90's and I own ever album he had released, including the extremely rare 'Love you til Tuesday', 'Christiane F - Soundtrack' and 'Rare'.

I had always said that Bowie and Prince were some of the rarest talents on the face of the earth. There are very few artists that master their craft in such a way that they can create an album from writing, to recording without another single person being involved. Such was their talents they both wrote all their songs (And hundreds of songs for other artists), composed their music, could play every instrument on their songs, often used their own voices as backing vocals to their own songs, recorded, mixed and produced their own music.

These 2 men not only entertained, they took you on a journey. Every word was laced with secrets only you can discover and sometimes the messages were clear. Both men were also approaching a new creative peak with the reclusive and shy Prince in the middle of the Piano & Microphone Tour with small intimate audiences usually of about a thousand in the audience where he would play his new and old music on the piano. There was no set list, each show was unique and in between songs he would share intimate conversations with the audience. The show was essentially Prince, a Piano, and a microphone.

The sound track of the 70's and 80's has sadly passed on.

Rest In Peace 'Heroes'