Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A wonderful experience ...
Just thought I'd share this with you really, 'coz it made me MELT when it happened.

Last night I went to my best mate's younger brother's house, as he (my best mate's younger brother) is a fireman and was working the night shift, and his girlfriend was with their just-under three-month-old son, and their dog, and wanted some company.

So I baked a carrot cake for them as a thank you and off I went.

The baby (Adam) had been giving her lip all day bless him, as he hadn't settled and he'd been crying, so when I arrived she was a BIT stressed ... and we sat down and had a meal together with Adam beside the table in his pram ... and he really just wasn't a happy bunny ...

... so she took him out and tried to console him, but her dinner was going cold, so she asked whether I could hold him for a bit ...

I'd finished my dinner, so I said yeah sure (although I was nervous 'coz it's only the second time I've held him, and he's the first baby I've ever held), and so I clutched him to my chest with his head against my left shoulder, stood up and started to walk slowly around, whispering to him and bouncing him gently up and down ...

... and he fell asleep !!

It sounds stupid ? But it was one of the most beautiful experiences I have had in ... well ... forever I think. Here was this gorgeous little person just sleeping in my arms ... I was so chuffed ...

... and his mum made me laugh 'coz when she realised he had nodded off she was like ... move VERY ... VERY slowly to the cot NOW. Lol2.

So we set him down and he kipped for a bit bless him ...

... just wanted to share that with you :biggrin:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Sounds like SOMEONE'S getting broody...

:tongue::tongue:

Personally i don't think children are any fun at all. Maybe that's' cos i wokr in the kidswear department...

xxx

such a cute story. sounds like someone is gonna have a part time job pretty soon...

Lol2.

I don't know about that boys, but it was just so special - something I really am having a hard time describing, but yeah - it made me a bit broody :redface: ... kinda like "Omigod I've only ever dreamed it, but this actually could be me someday !!".

Of course that's an idealistic viewpoint - I'm sure most parents would rather farm out their kids to well-meaning mates for a bit from time to time, just to give themselves a breather from the relentless onslaught !!

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadz,I TOTALLY get what you mean.When I first held baby Roman,it was so special!So young and TINY and I couldn't help thinking that somehow,that baby is somehow part of me.Okay,I don't know how to explain but it's a really spiritual experience.Then I had to make bottles,change nappies,feed him,rock him to sleep and that feeling quickly disappeared!

Ahh bless Sleep

If you're going to do it again learn the towel on your shoulder trick too Wink

Daddy Davecare Wink
Teehee awwwwwww bless you!! See you're soooo gentle you even make an angry kid go off to sleep! xxx

Shucks :redface:.

She took a photo whilst I was holding him as he drifted off and went :eek: look at the size of your bicep dude :eek: and I was like ... HE'S FUCKING HEAVY LUV !! Lol2 - it's taking all my strength to keep him up !!

SERIOUSLY that boy is going to be a BRUISER :biggrin:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

my fav part of babies is their hands and eyes. then they do these bizarro movements that just steals your heart away... horrid how we lose such free movements so quickly.

He does this really cheeky little half-smile as well bless him ...

... but I couldn't get over his toes and fingernails - so tiny and perfectly formed ... he's just amazing bless him.

Granted I get to say that from the perspective of somebody that doesn't have to change him, bathe him, and spend 24/7 with him, but he's a joy to be around ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!